JShortForJay

[P8 - Azure - CE] Hunting Imps | Part I

*Your entry has earned 5 XP*

Olen was searching the plains of Azure for an old imperial bunker. Supposedly, since news had reached them of the defeat at Jakku, a small squadron of storm troopers had holed up underground with supplies and credits Olen's employer dearly wanted. So far the imps had eluded him. 

Mandalorian Speeder

Luckily for him, his new bike wasn't quiet.

It drew the attention of the imps who made the mistake of thinking they had a chance...

Mission on Azure

A Nice story here, although short you get a nice pay off.

Good character design too!

Seriously, the posing is what gets me. It's so clear what's happening, and it doesn't feel cartoonish at all. Great stuff. And the Bike is a fun big clanky thing, too. It's "wings" kind of look like big paddles. Maybe another accent color could make the whole thing pop?

12 minutes ago, RocketBoy said:

Seriously, the posing is what gets me. It's so clear what's happening, and it doesn't feel cartoonish at all. Great stuff. And the Bike is a fun big clanky thing, too. It's "wings" kind of look like big paddles. Maybe another accent color could make the whole thing pop?

Thank you! I have a lot of fun posing these things. I thought the bike was quite chunky to begin with but I like the pod racer feel to it. I'll see if Olen can give it a paint job.

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

A Nice story here, although short you get a nice pay off.

Good character design too!

Thank you, there'll be more to the story soon

The podracer comparison makes me like it even more.

This might be rude, but a thought about the underside of the plates under the "windscreen": maybe you could rotate that bracket, which keeps the windscreen wedges in the same place but also let's you decorate that front/under part, maybe with grilles or something? Just a thought! Feel free to ignore.

Edit: I just looked at it again and realized what I said is impossible, but maybe you could add another bracket where that black tile is to give you more options there. Who knows.

Edited by RocketBoy

Nice! Your ground work is great and you're well on your way to building good SNOT terrain. The speeder seems to suffer from having too many larger Lego pieces exposed. Either try fewer large pieces, or maybe add more greebling.