Sign in to follow this  
Sérgio

[MOC] Bombardier CP1961 (2020 Version) Diesel

Hi,

10 years ago I made this with some left-overs:

I Improve some skills and Lego also made a lot of new parts, so I remade from scratch this locomotive:

7wide, 50studs long, 2L PF motors, and the fan on top spins when it runs.

This is a render, I don't have enough parts yet to build in real life. Hope you like it.

50012571131_bbf8570dd7_c.jpg

50013683038_6b433d67fe_c.jpg50015583776_3f30be8674_c.jpg50016807853_337e304401_c.jpgcp1960.jpg?w=776

2 hours ago, Sérgio said:

Hope you like it.

50012571131_bbf8570dd7_c.jpg

Yes I do :classic: looks promising. 
Also nice to see the 'technical part' to make the angled front.

And great photo's (shopping), looks good.

That is some amazing work! There are a few parts that do not exist in the given colors, but could easily be substituted, e.g., the orange 1x2 plate with round ends could be changed to black or light gray without any loss. My one real quibble is that with 99% of the model you've gotten to the point where it does not look like lego, so now that last 1% really hits you in the face. Specifically the porthole windows. Presumably the PF components filling the inside keeps you from a brickbuilt solution with arches or whatnot. If that is the case, given all of the stickers you would need for this build anyway, couldn't you go with stickers for the porthole windows too?

Amazing! Though on the porthole windows I agree 100% with @zephyr1934.  I’ve seen somewhere stickers to replace the printed porthole windows of the Santa Fe Super Chief, as well as in various other colours - might be worth a shot?  Anyway, amazing build!

This is fantastic!  Looks great, you've incorporated some nice features, and the building techniques used are interesting and effective as well.  Oh, and great render/photography too; I honestly scrolled past the first picture to get to where the "lego version" was before taking a closer look.  :classic:  Great build - would be wonderful to see it in real ABS at some point.

15 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

(...) My one real quibble is that with 99% of the model you've gotten to the point where it does not look like lego, so now that last 1% really hits you in the face. Specifically the porthole windows. Presumably the PF components filling the inside keeps you from a brickbuilt solution with arches or whatnot. If that is the case, given all of the stickers you would need for this build anyway, couldn't you go with stickers for the porthole windows too?

10 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Amazing! Though on the porthole windows I agree 100% with @zephyr1934.  I’ve seen somewhere stickers to replace the printed porthole windows of the Santa Fe Super Chief, as well as in various other colours - might be worth a shot?  Anyway, amazing build!

Thank you guys :)

There is no room inside to made it with archs.

Actually, I´m thinking on Sponge Bob windows, I didn't put them there because the Stud.io do not have them :)

4864bpx16.png

I have them on my 2010 RC version ;)

8550254079_904736f1c6_c.jpg

9 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Great model. Boy is the original a boxy design. Lends itself well to Lego.

Thank You :)

8 hours ago, Freezingvettes99 said:

Looks great, love the design. 

Thank You :)

4 hours ago, deraven said:

This is fantastic!  Looks great, you've incorporated some nice features, and the building techniques used are interesting and effective as well.  Oh, and great render/photography too; I honestly scrolled past the first picture to get to where the "lego version" was before taking a closer look.  :classic:  Great build - would be wonderful to see it in real ABS at some point.

Ahahah, Yes! Im trying to mix Lego render with a real world, it becames  a "trade mark" you can see on my Flickr Galery I do this a lot of times :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75394519@N03/

Edited by Sérgio