Sign in to follow this  
SteamSewnEmpire

[moc] MLW RS-18 CP Rail

These come in a lot of different variants (they are actually the MLW near-clone of the ALCO RS-11, which is doubly weird because MLW built a few RS-11s, too!) with regards to fan/exhaust placement, where bells and horns are located, whether they feature chopped or high noses, and even the shape of the fuel tank (there's a big, angular version, and a small, box-shaped version). I decided to go with CP since it would be easier to build. 

i73dUBT.png

JMhuhMM.png

wyPXILa.jpg

UEn5Ryv.png

JDPpaiL.png

f9mbBjg.png

LMYLoYq.jpg

rzoauzw.png

SGt3Rtp.jpg

GgblcH9.png

6 hours ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

Can you put it in render, It is hard to see some of the details from those images.  But overall, it looks great. 

Thanks.

uYyYNSp.png

I shortened the body by one stud. Still debating on whether the hoods need to be a plate higher. 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

She looks stunning in that render! You've included a plethora of details from the real thing that make it far more interesting to look at than a plain-old box-on-wheels, all the way from the blind-driver rooftop fan to the detailing around the bogies and couplers. Overall it looks really nice to me, probably because I prefer the centre-cab shape to the apparently more "standard" cab-forward american diesels. Does she have PF or PU inside?

6 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

She looks stunning in that render! You've included a plethora of details from the real thing that make it far more interesting to look at than a plain-old box-on-wheels, all the way from the blind-driver rooftop fan to the detailing around the bogies and couplers. Overall it looks really nice to me, probably because I prefer the centre-cab shape to the apparently more "standard" cab-forward american diesels. Does she have PF or PU inside?

PF. I've been reading a lot of negative stuff about PU and its battery life, so I am going to make an effort to spend every free penny on PF motors and battery boxes for a while so I can build up a little stock. This particular loco is powered by two of the large motors. The IR receiver is behind the large grille at the rear (signals can be shot down through the train wheel/fan on the roof). The battery box is sunk slightly into the fuel tank. There's nothing inside the short hood because I had to use a double SNOT technique to get the brake wheel to fit perfectly. I left room for wiring for lights on both ends as well.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

6 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I shortened the body by one stud. Still debating on whether the hoods need to be a plate higher.

I feel like the body is one plate too high off of the trucks.