Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Unlikely Society -- FINALLY a new chapter

chap12teaser.jpg

Wow, has it really been almost two months since the last Unlikely Society update?? Geez, sorry about that. But this chapter is a doozy. It's ten pages (double the length of most chapters), and it has tons of special effects. I got some new Photoshop filters that I've been having a lot of fun learning how to use.

This one is almost wall-to-wall action! It's the penultimate chapter of the N-Vasion story arc!

I really like the word "penultimate," and it seems like the only place it ever gets used is in comic book solicitations.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know what you think!!

-Joebot

:laugh:

The special effects are great, I love this comic strip, it's hilarious... But my favorite character was killed off so early...

Poor Pepperonus! :laugh:

I love the special effects, very well done, and the brick built red dragon is awesome! :wub: That is of course my favourite build (as it would be), but some of the other scenes have some cool details as well. You've done a great job on the scenery, and the comic has some funny moments too. :laugh:

Well done once again, Joebot! :thumbup: Finally I see the "cat" dragon as a whole. Very well built. :sweet:

I so wish that for once they get the credit for saving the world and kick the imposter's megablocks ! Well done episode. Quite surprisingly, the delay wasn't that bothering, I think the fact that you stoped the previous episode at a crucial moment helped me chaining that episode to the last one.

Well built, and nice to see some action !

Punch on !

I love the special effects, very well done, and the brick built red dragon is awesome! :wub: That is of course my favourite build (as it would be), but some of the other scenes have some cool details as well. You've done a great job on the scenery, and the comic has some funny moments too. :laugh:

Thanks! I've been thinking about replacing my brick-built dragon with the red dragon from the Skeleton Tower set. I like my dragon, but it's awfully big and bulky.

I so wish that for once they get the credit for saving the world and kick the imposter's megablocks ! Well done episode. Quite surprisingly, the delay wasn't that bothering, I think the fact that you stoped the previous episode at a crucial moment helped me chaining that episode to the last one.

Well built, and nice to see some action !

Punch on !

Maybe someday they'll get the credit they deserve!

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Excellent work, Joebot! Those Superiors make me so angry! :angry:

Can't wait to see the final chapter! :grin:

Excellent work, Joebot! Those Superiors make me so angry! :angry:

Can't wait to see the final chapter! :grin:

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, the Superiors are jerks. It's funny though -- Terrificman isn't that far off from the way Superman was portrayed back in the 40's and 50's. If you've got some time to kill, check out a website called Superdickery. They've got tons of actual Superman comic covers, showing all the ways that Superman was a huge jerk. They're bizarre and hilarious.

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, the Superiors are jerks. It's funny though -- Terrificman isn't that far off from the way Superman was portrayed back in the 40's and 50's. If you've got some time to kill, check out a website called Superdickery. They've got tons of actual Superman comic covers, showing all the ways that Superman was a huge jerk. They're bizarre and hilarious.

I love that site! Me and my friend killed ourselves laughing at some :laugh:

As for the comic, I read all these the other day, I must say fantastic work here! I love Mr Fister the best. Sparkles is also great. You have excellent photoshop skills as well, with great, crisp clean photos. And of course the story is excellent, you manage to get the whole ball rolling quickly from the start. my one criticism is the character Joebot, mainly because to me atleast he seems like a ripoff of Marvin, unless this is intentional as an homage? Anyway, fantastic work! I'm off to read the classic comics, looking forward to the next one! :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I love that site! Me and my friend killed ourselves laughing at some :laugh:

As for the comic, I read all these the other day, I must say fantastic work here! I love Mr Fister the best. Sparkles is also great. You have excellent photoshop skills as well, with great, crisp clean photos. And of course the story is excellent, you manage to get the whole ball rolling quickly from the start. my one criticism is the character Joebot, mainly because to me atleast he seems like a ripoff of Marvin, unless this is intentional as an homage? Anyway, fantastic work! I'm off to read the classic comics, looking forward to the next one! :cry_happy:

Mr. Fister is my favorite too. He's so ... uncomplicated.

I like to think I'm walking that fine line between "homage" and "rip off" with Joebot. I'm a big Douglas Adams fan, and yeah, Joebot is definitely influenced by Marvin. :classic:

I hope you enjoy the "classic comics." They make me cringe a little bit when I go back and read them. We were totally making that stuff up as we went along. Some of the panel layouts are messy, and I didn't yet know how to do word balloons very well. Maybe someday I'll publish a George Lucas-esque Special Edition version, and clean them up.