vitreolum

Dwarven Mine

Brilliant microscale!  Love the upside down handbags as carts.  The new rock pieces are great as the footing of the walls, and the derrick is awesome.  Love the up top bit with the entrance carved into the mountainside and the chocolate frog hauling the cart!

How nice! Many interesting parts usage - the handbags, as previously mentioned, and also the pickaxes within the rocks.

It reminds me of Ironforge from WoW :D I mean Ironforge is a whole dwarven city, somewhat similar to Moria from LotR, but with more metal and stones xD + lava. But the Lego piece took me toward Ironforge because that city is right inside a mountain with big gates and towers and such :P tho I don't recall any mining in that place hmmm o.o 

22 minutes ago, MartaFischer said:

It reminds me of Ironforge from WoW :D I mean Ironforge is a whole dwarven city, somewhat similar to Moria from LotR, but with more metal and stones xD + lava. But the Lego piece took me toward Ironforge because that city is right inside a mountain with big gates and towers and such :P tho I don't recall any mining in that place hmmm o.o 

True, could be either Warcraft or Warhammer Dwarven Cities for sure. (Warcraft was originally supposed to be a Warhammer game).

Which both also have connections to Lord of the Rings/Tolkien lore. (for example Moria vs Blackrock Depths /  Blackrock mountain vs Mount Doom etc.)

Ironforge does have an underground "Old Ironforge" area , but wasn't officially accessible in-game until 2010.

Edited by TeriXeri

Thumbs up to this 1 :) Saw it on flickr just moments ago, when checking the Kitteh Briefcase. Then found it here.