Sign in to follow this  
Sir Kingston

[COR - FB1 - July 620] Dispatch: Part 2

Part 1:

Part 2:

(8 miles outside Brickford Landing)

As Captain Vaughn was sent out on another patrol into the steamy wilderness, he smiled faintly. From his vantage point atop his mount he could see the rough terrain smooth into a clearing. Knowing that his force of light cavalry was only a reconnaissance detachment, he had to be mindful of avoiding engagement. So far, the Loti were a nuisance, but not a formidable opponent. He turned to Corporal Williams, who had the misfortune of walking with the squadron. He wasn’t part of the cavalry, but was attached for navigational services. “Mister Williams, would you point out the clearing on the map, might it be the one with the Loti camp?” Williams peered at his map, once satisfied with his inspection, looked over to Vaughn, “Aye, sir, the same.” Confident in the Corporal’s assessment, Vaughn addresses the squadron, “We’ll take rest there and see to it that we make ourselves scarce, if we are to make contact!”

Dispatch: Part 2Dispatch: Part 2

C&C welcome as always!

really nice indeed. Would not want to see these guys coming my way while doing some semi-honest business

On 7/7/2020 at 2:02 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice cavalry platoon...

Corrington is setting for war

Thank you!

I think you meant protecting her majesty's interests?

On 7/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, Fraunces said:

really nice indeed. Would not want to see these guys coming my way while doing some semi-honest business

Thanks, I'm glad they have their intended effect!:pir-classic:

@Sir Kingston As I mentioned on Flickr back at the time (sorry I never got around to posting here) great cavalrymen! I'd like to add them to the Compendium. Did you have a name for their unit?

Hey, I missed those! Great cavalry unit. I like their colors in particular.

Now off to the drawing board for more cavalry obstacles...

On 9/18/2020 at 5:16 AM, Ayrlego said:

@Sir Kingston As I mentioned on Flickr back at the time (sorry I never got around to posting here) great cavalrymen! I'd like to add them to the Compendium. Did you have a name for their unit?

Sorry for the late response, I think I'll go with the 2nd Colonial Lancers. (I'll also get some alternate photos that better display their uniforms)

Edited by Sir Kingston