Ayrlego

[GoC] Amanteca Workshop, Myzectlan

Three years have now passed since Corrish explorers first made contact with the Myzecs on Cascadia and Colonial Governor Sir Dirk Allcock has finally had the opportunity to return to the city of Myzectlan. He is enjoying touring the city and seeing the lives of the common Myzec in greater detail than he did on his first visit. Today he visits an Amanteca workshop. The Amanteca are a class of artisans who produce feather art. Feathers are prized amongst the Myzec and are even used as a source of currency.The Myzec use them to make many types of objects from arrows, fly whisks, fans, complicated headdresses and fine clothing. This workshop contains several pens used for housing brightly coloured parrots from which feathers can be harvested, although the most beautiful feathers come from trappers who venture out into the jungles beyond the hidden valley to bring back exotic feathers of many colours. Two artisans can be seen here working on a ceremonial head dress.

50085238761_f1f89b5432_c.jpg

A continuation of my current Myzec series. I've taken @Kai NRG's suggestion from my last build and tried to incorporate another colour into the ground - hopefully the dark tan doesn't clash with the dark tan used for the thatch roof (I think it works??). After my Macuahuitl Craftsman I was looking to do a shield maker and read about the Amanteca which I had never heard of before. As soon as I read that wiki article I knew the Myzec definitely needed them, so here they are! Behind the work table are actually three pens with parrots inside, but that didn't really come out in the pictures which was a bit disappointing. I may need to do some trapping scenes next (I still have four flamingos patiently awaiting a build!).

Also I forgot to enter my last build as a GoC build, so I'll just have to do another couple to make up for that! Will be licensed as a medium artisan in Myzectlan.

Beautiful work, love the colour combinations (dark tan looks great!), and like last time, the base really completes the builds!

45 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

hopefully the dark tan doesn't clash with the dark tan used for the thatch roof (I think it works??)

Yeah, it totally works.  You would expect the roof to be made out of some ground substance. :pir-grin:

I really like how you broke up the SNOT edge at that front corner.  Shield making was also a really cool idea and once again great use of yellowed bricks!

This looks really cute, I love it!

Also I can't help but notice, are you using discoloured white bricks to get the pattern in the house itself? 

It's a shame we can't see those parrots. Seems like a really interesting part of the build. 

Looking forward to those flamingos, too!

On 7/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Also I can't help but notice, are you using discoloured white bricks to get the pattern in the house itself?  

Yep! I dig up my most yellowed white bricks for these builds. I never thought they'd be so useful when I first sorted my bricks as an adult!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Yep! I dig up my most yellowed white bricks for these builds. I never thought they'd be so useful when I first sorted my bricks as an adult!

Haha, nice! Smart usage of the otherwise 'useless' bricks!

Another beautiful build and it's great seeing the myzec get some love! I probably need to revisit them too, although I have about ten WIP ships and several storylines going elsewhere. :P

In any case, excellent work. As Kai pointed out, that combination of SNOT and normal studs up on the border works very well!

:thumbup: from me. The build looks great, and great use of the various feather pieces from over the years. I am sad you didn't get a lower angle shot with the parrots, as I obviously prefer seeing and placing animals in scenes.