Hello all,

Today I present my newest MOC: 42039 C-Model Buggy 2.0.

1280x591.jpg

You may remember my previous 42039 C-Model. 

I decided that I didn't like it very much, mainly due to the fact that it was plagued with illegal and unstable building techniques. So now, I have created a new one! Honestly, I really like how this one came together. The model practically built itself; I had it nearly finished in two days. 

Features:
HoG steering
Independent front suspension with positive caster
Rear trailing arm suspension
Fake v8 engine
Rigid AND legal construction

More pics:

800x369.jpg

800x369.jpg

800x369.jpg

Rendering with original tires:

800x450.jpg

Includes step-by-step PDF instructions and a Stud.io file for your building pleasure.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Offroadcreations/42039-alt.-buggy-2.0/42039 buggy 2.0.pdf

https://bricksafe.com/files/Offroadcreations/42039-alt.-buggy-2.0/42039 Buggy 2.0.io

Throw it a "like" on Rebrickable! https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-47030/offroadcreations/42039-alt-buggy-20-free-instructions/

Enjoy! All comments are appreciated.

Edited by offroadcreations

Saw it on Rebrickable, it is pretty good. Been trying to make trailing arm suspension for some time now and I think your design is going to help me. I don’t have the set but I have all the parts to build it, will be building it soon. By any chance do you have any advice for trailing arm Suspension.

6 hours ago, CrazyKreations said:

By any chance do you have any advice for trailing arm Suspension.

Make sure your arm is rigid and mount it properly at both ends, preferably with a single axle running through the arm. When it's pushrod style, center the spring nicely (left to right) to balance forces. When the spring is more straight up, bring it closer to the wheel.

Edited by Didumos69

Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Make sure your arm is rigid and mount it properly at both ends, preferably with a single axle running through the arm. When it's pushrod style, center the spring nicely (left to right) to balance forces. When the spring is more straight up, bring it closer to the wheel.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, CrazyKreations said:

Saw it on Rebrickable, it is pretty good. Been trying to make trailing arm suspension for some time now and I think your design is going to help me. I don’t have the set but I have all the parts to build it, will be building it soon. By any chance do you have any advice for trailing arm Suspension.

Thanks. My advice is that I recommend you to build trailing arms as rigidly as possible, and use legal connections. For example, you can see that on my model, I angled them outward, but I also reinforced them with the thin 5L lift arms.

I also second what Didumos said.  

Just now, offroadcreations said:

Thanks. My advice is that I recommend you to build trailing arms as rigidly as possible, and use legal connections. For example, you can see that on my model, I angled them outward, but I also reinforced them with the thin 5L lift arms.

I also second what Didumos said.  

Thank you, this will help me a lot in building new models.:grin:

It looks like renaissance of 42039 set. Some interesting alt builds was added on rebrickable in last couple of weeks :wink:

I like your simple trailing arms. It would be interesting to add there driving somehow.

Edited by muffinbrick

21 hours ago, muffinbrick said:

It looks like renaissance of 42039 set. Some interesting alt builds was added on rebrickable in last couple of weeks :wink:

I noticed that too.

21 hours ago, muffinbrick said:

I like your simple trailing arms. It would be interesting to add there driving somehow.

Thanks. Perhaps I could run U-joints through it to make that work.