My first B model for 42115 is a Ferrari Enzo. 

Features.

Steering

V12 Engine

Push-rod suspension

6 Speed gearbox with paddle shift (2 speed + 3 speed)

Automatic 3 stage rear spoiler

Opening doors, hood and engine cover.

Instructions on Rebrickable

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-46921/JamesJT/ferrari-enzo-42115-b-model/?inventory=1#comments

I hope somebody builds a red one (with painted arch parts)

More pictures on Flickr

50057781623_c46c1a0d30_z.jpg42115 Enzo TLCB Lock-Down Competition by James Tillson, on Flickr

Nice model.

Amazing that you already managed to build something from a fresh set.

I am seeing a lot of color variation in your model.

Is it because of the lighting or camera, or are the green parts really that different?

Great stuff @JamesJT!

As you said, front and rear lights are going to be problematic when making pure B models of the Sian, due to its total lack of transparent parts. But perhaps you can follow the strategy of your BMW i8: pick one other (small) set that does provide the required transparent pieces, and make a combined alternate model.

Hint: set 8649 "Nitro Menace" contains transparent pieces as well as lots of complementary Lime pieces. However it might be an unpopular choice, as it's kinda old (2005).

On 7/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, MinusAndy said:

As I said on Flickr. Better than the lambo! 

Thank you. I should check my Flickr account more often.

On 7/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, captainmib said:

Amazing that you already managed to build something from a fresh set.

I am seeing a lot of color variation in your model.

I saved time by not building the Sian. They call it "50 shades" on Facebook. Even parts of the same type are different.

On 7/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, I_Igor said:

Lines looks very smooth :thumbup:

Thank you. I always try to get them as smooth as possible.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, astyanax said:

Great stuff @JamesJT!

As you said, front and rear lights are going to be problematic when making pure B models of the Sian, due to its total lack of transparent parts. But perhaps you can follow the strategy of your BMW i8: pick one other (small) set that does provide the required transparent pieces, and make a combined alternate model.

Hint: set 8649 "Nitro Menace" contains transparent pieces as well as lots of complementary Lime pieces. However it might be an unpopular choice, as it's kinda old (2005).

Agreed. I wish there were another a small green car to add in. Which other sets lime technic in?

1 hour ago, JamesJT said:

Thank you. I should check my Flickr account more often.

I saved time by not building the Sian. They call it "50 shades" on Facebook. Even parts of the same type are different.

Thank you. I always try to get them as smooth as possible.

Agreed. I wish there were another a small green car to add in. Which other sets lime technic in?

It's really tough. Quite a few Technic sets seem to be lime-themed, however they invariably contain only a few pieces, and some lime-accented stickers over black panels. Only a big set like the Claas Xerion (42054) have substantial amount of lime.

Regarding transparent pieces, Technic sets are also poor suppliers. The Porsche (42056) really had a freakish amount of them.

Going slightly bigger, the Dodge Charger (42111) offer usable transparent pieces as well as usable black panels.

Looking at recent System sets, the Lamborghini Urus & Huracan (76899) comes to mind: it offers both usable transparent pieces and lots of lime tiles and slopes that can be used to fill gaps in bodywork. Plus, it's more Lamborghini! :sweet:

Cool model in such a short period of time, I could never do this!.

The enzo does indeed have an air brake but not many people know it so im glad its in this MOC.

It does not raise, only tilts so it's not a spoiler or wing technically, just an air brake.

It also has a nose lift for speed bumps but heh.

Can you show a picture of the left over parts from the set?

Edited by SNIPE

Very good B model, even though I dont really like the Enzo. Great work. :classic:

I like the red gears used for the taillights, that was probably one of the very few times someone was happy about these being red instead of dbg :head_back: :hmpf_bad:

But the color differedifference is very appearent on your model *huh*

On 7/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, astyanax said:

It's really tough. Quite a few Technic sets seem to be lime-themed...

All good ideas! Lets hope Lego need to use more lime green soon.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:44 PM, SNIPE said:

The enzo does indeed have an air brake but not many people know it so im glad its in this MOC.

It does not raise, only tilts so it's not a spoiler or wing technically, just an air brake.

It also has a nose lift for speed bumps but heh.

Finding info on the Enzo aero was tough. There is a flap in the front somewhere that opens but I couldn't find out where. On this MOC the spoiler tilts up as you go through the gears, at least it moves even if its not in quite the right way. There were almost all the system parts and lots of black panels left over, lots of unused black 9L beams too. There is an inventory of what was used on Rebrickable. You can "compare" it to 42115 to see the unused parts.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, SNIPE said:

35 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

There is an inventory of what was used on Rebrickable. You can "compare" it to 42115 to see the unused parts.

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-46921&1-inv=68602&1-user_list=&2-set=42115-1&2-inv=63571&2-user_list=