Sign in to follow this  
Aplcom

Software to design DUPLO train track layouts

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I do apologize in advance if I'm asking a question previously answered - I did search but nothing relevant came up. I'm looking to see if there is a software out there, where I can enter all my DUPLO train & tracks & accessories inventory, and based on that inventory that the software will automatically design a proposed track layout? My young grandkids have several (about 6 complete sets) of DUPLO trains and tracks (original boxes and instructions long gone!!) and was hoping to have a software that could design a proposed layout based on the track inventory I have. Any info, or just point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards. Otto.

Edited by Aplcom
typo and grammar correction

Hi Aplcom,

The Bluebricks software is very useful for designing your own layout. Unfortunatly there is no generating module, so you will have to do all designing yourself.

Download for both program and duplo tracks can be found at Bluebrick.

Kind regards,

Kalin

Edited by Kalindor71

Why not work with the grandkids to explore what can be done with your collection? If you just have straights and curves you are only going to get loops. If you have lots of switches you can set up a criss-cross (demolition derby?) layout. You bring the grand vision (after first making mental notes that it "SHOULD" be doable) and have them realize the outcome. If the kids are older, you could set out to conquer grades, e.g.,

55spiral_6713.jpg

If the are younger, you could use the risers to make loop above loop and set a pre-walking toddler in the middle of it all with trains running at eye level