0Durbin0

Lego Death Star

Jesus christ this looks amazing. What's the purpose of the 8x8 plate on each side at a 45 degree angle?

Wow, this looks like a serious piece of engineering. Can't wait to see it come together.

Is it the first or second Death Star? At the moment it looks like the one at the end of RotS! :wink:

Greetings all, I grew weary of the solid bricked Disney DS and the old diorama set, I`ve a 30 year background developing video games as a 3D Artist, also an extensive background in aerospace, so with that I decided to meet the challenge in structuring the death star in a way that aerospace might go about it, I`ve been a lego maniac since 1968 when I was 4, and yes the 8x8`s were to join the 45 degree interior with the 0-90 degree outer trusses, thanks for the kind replys everyone.

The size of the build is amazing! Wow! I really like the middle of the ship's environment. 

Edited by Jerry McGlade

My phone camera foreshortens to much, not sure how to dial it in, but its still a bit bigger than it should be, I haven`t the proper inventory to scale it perfectly unfortunately, 1 of my biggest hindrances to creating has been curtailed by inventory, I have a local Lego store i goto for my Lego needs, sadly all the 1`s I need are rare and expensive, so yes i took artistic license with the dish, I`m still needing those grey railroad rails as you`ve likely seen to lower right side has no sub trusses ergo the sagging on that side, thanks for the your comment.

My intent is to build the Death Star as a cutaway, so you can check out all the inner detail, so i`ll have a 2nd detail layer at the point you see with red technic legos, then I`ll add finer details to that, then I`ll skin parts of the outside as to not interfere with seeing the interior details, so it`ll kinda be like capturing it in mid construction, but portrayed differently than return of the jedi, also I have to pay attention to weight balance as you can imagine.