Sign in to follow this  
Flatfoot Thompsen

What are your ideas for the next Vintage Minifigures Volume?

What are you're ideas for minifigs that could be in the next volumes of the Vintage Minifig Collection sets?

I would say: Wild West Sheriff, Johnny Thunder, Police Officer, first version of minifigs, Aquanaught.

My choices:

1) Pirate Captain

2) Black Falcon Knight

3) Cowboy

4) Ice Planet or Space Police

5) Soccer Player

My order will be as followed :cry_happy: :

1) Forestmen

2) Space Police

3) Paradisa (Girl)

4) Pirates (Imperial Soldier)

5) Ninja/Samuriai (Black/Grey/Red/White)

My suggestion for Volume 2:

cas253.jpg

par049.jpg

pi055.jpg

ww004.jpg

sp019.jpg

Steve

A Black Falcon knight would be a great idea, Athos, since they are very rare! :thumbup:

I personally think that the different volumes are divided in themes:

Volume 1: City (and Space which can be count to City)

Volume 2: Castle

Volume 3: Pirates

(The other themes weren't and aren't as popular and well-known as these so ...)

I'd like a volume with different knights:

-Classic knight from the yellow castle

-Black Falcon knight or Lion knight

-Dragon Master knight or Forest People knight

-Lion King knight (from 1995)

-Ninja knight or Crusader knight

Klaus-Dieter

Fabuland... :blush:

Yea? what about that low life theme :tongue: anyway

I think they will be released in themes..this one looks like city and sub-themes of city...

Yea? what about that low life theme :tongue: anyway

I think they will be released in themes..this one looks like city and sub-themes of city...

Oh, right. I forgot that Classic Space was a subtheme of City. :hmpf:

:tongue:

As a result of bringing out Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 2, I thought at my self how my collection would look like !

So I went to Bricklink and looked at the mini figures catlog (or Minifigs.net).

But if you surf BL mini figure catalog and what to create your own collection then you will experience that it is not easy. Because there are so much good mini figures. So I have imposed myself a restriction by taking only mini figures which are not made after 2000. Otherwise you can't no longer say that it's vintage. But eventual will appear that I will not 100% succeed in this... :classic:

Something I would want to ask - if you participate:

1) That you take as many mini figures as possible that are made before 2000.

2) Try to look a bit at colour use (not all white mini figures for example).

3) That 1 female figure is in the set.

4) That all mini figures are from different sets.

This is no requirement… only one proposal !!!

My sets... :wink:

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Grtz and have fun,

kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Good idea for a topic! I did two because I couldn't narrow all the figs all down to one set. :tongue:

5635.jpg

I think they each offer a variety of figures, in both years and themes. I think it would be cool for them to resurect the Fabuland figures, the ancient pre-minifigs, or even a Technic figure for one of these sets. :thumbup:

If you were going to design the #4 collection, what figs would YOU include?

Rules: (to match the constraints the TLG guys would be working with for this)

1.All parts needed must be current or recently used (i.e. things TLG would still be able to produce)

2.Must have a mix of themes and a mix of years

3.List the figs and what year they first appeared in

4.Figs (torsos specifically) already found in the first 3 sets are not allowed

5.No figs from licensed themes like Star Wars, Ferrari, Shell, Spiderman etc (since TLG would not be allowed to use those per the terms of the license)

6.Have 5 figs, same as the other collections

7.No stickers, no plain torsos

My idea:

1.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=but029 Black shirt, first released 1982 (an example of one of the few figs found in the short-lived Boat theme)

2.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=cas319 Forestman Female, first released 1990 (good way to add a female into the set, plus this fig doesn't have the long-out-of-production Forestman hat)

3.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sp041 Spyrius Droid, first released 1994

4.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=pi014 Green Imperial Armada, first released 1996

5.http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=stu002 Studios Director, first released 2000

What are your ideas?

What are you're ideas for minifigs that could be in the next volumes of the Vintage Minifig Collection sets?

I would say: Wild West Sheriff, Johnny Thunder, Police Officer, first version of minifigs, Aquanaught.

As a result of bringing out Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 2, I thought at my self how my collection would look like !

So I went to Bricklink and looked at the mini figures catlog (or Minifigs.net).

But if you surf BL mini figure catalog and what to create your own collection then you will experience that it is not easy. Because there are so much good mini figures. So I have imposed myself a restriction by taking only mini figures which are not made after 2000. Otherwise you can't no longer say that it's vintage. But eventual will appear that I will not 100% succeed in this... :classic:

Something I would want to ask - if you participate:

1) That you take as many mini figures as possible that are made before 2000.

2) Try to look a bit at colour use (not all white mini figures for example).

3) That 1 female figure is in the set.

4) That all mini figures are from different sets.

If you were going to design the #4 collection, what figs would YOU include?

Rules: (to match the constraints the TLG guys would be working with for this)

1.All parts needed must be current or recently used (i.e. things TLG would still be able to produce)

2.Must have a mix of themes and a mix of years

3.List the figs and what year they first appeared in

4.Figs (torsos specifically) already found in the first 3 sets are not allowed

5.No figs from licensed themes like Star Wars, Ferrari, Shell, Spiderman etc (since TLG would not be allowed to use those per the terms of the license)

6.Have 5 figs, same as the other collections

7.No stickers, no plain torsos

I did a quick search and realise that there are 3 similar topics of the same nature, and I had merged all 3 topics together, in one discussion area, to allow members to contribute ideas for the next Vintage Minifigs volume. :classic:

Hmm, I have a few ideas of my own, altough not for specific collections, but for certain figures that I'd like to say appear some time in a Vintage Minifigures volume:

- Wolf People - Wolfpack 1 with Black Arms, Brown Hood: 1992 Castle figure, early use of brown colors

- Plain Black Torso with Black Arms, Black Legs, Yellow Construction Helmet, Yellow Vest: 1978 train figure, w/ ultra rare yellow helmet

- Time Cruisers - Timmy with Blue Legs and Red Cap: 1998, Time Cruisers mascot, iconic figure, known for its nose

- Spyrius Droid: 1994, Spyrius mascot, iconic figure, trans-clear helmet, among the first robot minifigures using the regular minifigure molds

- Red Dots on Pink Shirt - White Legs, Brown Ponytail Hair: 1993, Paradisa

- Dragon Knights - Majisto Wizard, Black Cape: 1993, Castle, iconic and first to feature a beard

- Forestwoman with quiver: 1990, one of the earliest women featured in LEGO sets, not to mention in a castle set and not be a princess

- Sheriff: 1996, Western mascot, iconic figure

- Cowboy Red Shirt: 1996, Western, came with most of the western-sets, first with white cowboy-hat

- Divers - Blue, Female: 1998

- Infomaniac, Xtreme Stunts: 2002, Rare and iconic figure, originated in LEGO Island videogame

- Islander, Female: 1994, Pirates, only top-less minifigure yet produced, probably will stay so too for a long time

- Miss Gail Storm (Jungle) with pith helmet: 1999, Adventurers, the hero in jungle sub-theme

- Johnny Thunder (Desert): 1998, Adventurers, theme mascot and iconic figure

- Mr Cunningham with Brown Legs: 2000, Adventurers, the torso alone is a good enough reason for inclusion

- Ninja - Princess, White: 1999, Ninjas, unique color among the ninja, possibly because this one's also a princess

- Captain Red Beard with Pirate Hat with Skull: 1989, Pirates, theme-mascot and iconic figure

- Police - Suit with Sheriff Star, Black Legs, Black Male Hair: 1994, Town, first minifigure with a serious face and an authority-moustasche

- Jacket Green with 2 Large Pockets - Blue Legs, Red Cap: 1993, Town, theme-villain/mascot for that year, iconic figure

- Royal Knights - Knight 2 with Plume: 1995, Castle

- Royal Knights - King, with cape and blue legs: 1995, Castle, theme-mascot

- Blacktron I: 1987, Space, first figure to be scary (with the visor down)

- Female with Tubetop and Navel Pattern: 2000, Studios

- Vampire: 2002, Studios, iconic, unique and awesome

- Hovercraft Pilot, Blue Jacket, Black Hat: 2003, World City

- Red & White Stripes - Blue Legs, White Construction Helmet: 1991, Trains, the original train worker introduced together with 9V-trains

It's a bigger list than I thought it would be, but these are the figures that I find interesting and worth to include in the vintage collections, but that's just initially. I bet there's a big bunch of figures out there that I've completely overlooked because of lack of interest in a particular theme or something.

I would like to see a set with:

1. A generic Forestman

2. The Blue classic space man

3. A black Ninja

4. A Wolfpack knight

5. Harry Potter

5. Harry Potter

That's interesting. I'm not sure if licensed figs is something TLG would want to include. Firstly none are really vintage, and secondly, they're not original designs.

Given the chance i'd prefer classic stuff like Forestmen/Western/Adventurers et al

1) 5 different themes

2) NO more classic spacemen!

So, I'd pick... Lion soldier - (Red?) Futuron - Indian (Native American) - Female nurse - Arctic (blue)