Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

A Tale of Revenge - Part 2: Heretic!

A Tale of Revenge:

Part 1: The Day the World Stood Still

Part 2: Heretic!   <--- You are here

"Hear ye, the honorable Magistrate Dumond presiding over the court" loudly stated the clerk, as the town magistrate Charles Dumond slowly walked up to his bench. The small courtroom was filled with only necessary people....the judge, clerk, three soldiers, two clerics of the Order, along with a shackled Ragnar and his family. 

50074344746_c1f18efb9f_c.jpg

50073771918_814649b277_c.jpg

"Concerning the charges of kidnapping brought against you" said Dumond, looking at Ragnar, "based on the testimony provided by your wife, as well as other statements, the court sees no evidence of foul play, and hereby drops the charges against you". Hearing this, Patricia heaved an audible sigh of relief. 

Gerard Bertrand gave the magistrate a menacing scowl, to which Dumond continued....."however, concerning the charges of paganism and heresy against the Order, Cleric Bertrand has jurisdiction, and full authority under Royal decree. 

50074344581_8475d06485_c.jpg

Cleric Bertrand walked to the front of the courtroom, turned and faced everyone, "based on the testimony given, and from the sworn statements of upstanding citizens of Oleon, I Gerard Bertrand, a faithful servant of the Order, do hereby find you Ragnar Halfdan, guilty of worshiping false gods, along with sharing your poisonous beliefs to others."

50073772228_302c3d7f7f_c.jpg

"Furthermore" As he said this, a malicious sneer came across his face, and he raised an envelope in his hand. "....based on your wife Patricia's testimony, The Order charges and finds her guilty of heresy as well. You have been found to be practicing pagan religion, and of forsaking the Order." As he said this, Ragnar uttered a cry, and attempted to leap over the rail to get to Bertrand "I'll kill you! You hear me?!?!?! You're a dead man!"

50073772183_49f50c0735_c.jpg

The other Cleric and a soldier moved to restrain Ragnar against the wall. The other soldier held back young Corwin, as the Sergeant pulled another set of shackles, and placed them on Patricia. 

Bertrand continued almost visibly smiling, "having been found guilty of these crimes, The Order of the Faith hereby sentences both of you to death, to be carried out by Baptism of Fire. Your execution will come in two days time. Your child, as he is still a young boy, will become a ward of the Order, and lend his life in service as penance for your crimes."

50074344486_b29b7b7e59_c.jpg

Having finished the sentencing, Bertrand and the Soldier exited the courtroom, with the prisoners in tow.

As he was being forced from the courtroom, Ragnar turned to Corwin and said "remember all that I have taught you son....be brave. You are stronger than you know.....and your mother and I will be with you always."

50074592257_0c3496f094_c.jpg

50074344341_ec625ea730_c.jpg

As everyone left, the Magistrate stood up, and muttered to himself "the damned Order has no integrity. I remember the days when they actually stood for something, now they just endlessly pursue this witch hunt.....that poor boy, he is going to lose his family because of this. I wish I had the power to do something....but with Order's actions supported by the King himself, my hands are tied...."

50074344336_65857bc681_c.jpg

This concludes Part 2 of the series. Stay on the lookout for the next chapter, dropping soon!

Edited by Corweena

Intriguing story that I really enjoyed (very Count Montecristo)! However I assure you that is not the case concerning the rights of our citizens in Oleon :pir-tongue: Perhaps Patricia is destined to be the wife of an upstanding and loyal noble?

I also liked the build which is really pleasing to the eye (I certainly don't mind that the court floor had no planks although I would like to see a planked version).

Edited by blackdeathgr

Very dark times have occurred in Oleon! Although in your storyline Oleon soldiers and clerics appear to be the “bad guys”, the fact that you specified that those things happened in the past, and only in some rural areas, perfectly fits in my opinion with our nation lore: we had persecutions and nobles who opposed to this barbaric acts (such as the new king, Rimbaud family and many others), we had real heretic groups who tried to overthrow the king and unjust condemnations, modern cities and semi feudal areas... as probably all the other nations.

Both the building and the story are very nice, the walls in particular are very well done! A tiled floor would be nice, but in my opinion it works anyways. I’m looking forward to seeing the next part!

Edited by Keymonus

I was hoping to see some scenes in which Ragnar uses the force to neutralize these clerics.:pir-grin: 

The build looks good, I like the courtroom.

It's recomforting to see that there's still someone who was in disagreement with the Order, this magistrate, hope he could do something to cancel this sentence.

12 hours ago, Corweena said:

the damned Order has no integrity. I remember the days when they actually stood for something, now they just endlessly pursue this witch hunt.

Someone's askin for a burnin.

14 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Intriguing story that I really enjoyed (very Count Montecristo)! However I assure you that is not the case concerning the rights of our citizens in Oleon :pir-tongue: Perhaps Patricia is destined to be the wife of an upstanding and loyal noble?

I also liked the build which is really pleasing to the eye (I certainly don't mind that the court floor had no planks although I would like to see a planked version).

Like Keymonus said (and which I mentioned in Part 1), this did occur 20+ years ago, under a King obsessed with the Occult. So its not so far fetched, considering it is historical fact of how much power the Order had under the monarch at the time. And to give credit, the current King is a much more fair and moral ruler. I doubt these things would have occurred with the frequency they used to, in current times. 

And yes, planks should be coming in future builds. slowly adding to my collection with every bricklink order.

10 hours ago, Bodi said:

I was hoping to see some scenes in which Ragnar uses the force to neutralize these clerics.:pir-grin: 

The build looks good, I like the courtroom.

It's recomforting to see that there's still someone who was in disagreement with the Order, this magistrate, hope he could do something to cancel this sentence.

We will see.....but I do suspect something is afoot.

11 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Very dark times have occurred in Oleon! Although in your storyline Oleon soldiers and clerics appear to be the “bad guys”, the fact that you specified that those things happened in the past, and only in some rural areas, perfectly fits in my opinion with our nation lore: we had persecutions and nobles who opposed to this barbaric acts (such as the new king, Rimbaud family and many others), we had real heretic groups who tried to overthrow the king and unjust condemnations, modern cities and semi feudal areas... as probably all the other nations.

Both the building and the story are very nice, the walls in particular are very well done! A tiled floor would be nice, but in my opinion it works anyways. I’m looking forward to seeing the next part!

Exactly what I going for....I read all the background and history threads, and based on the information on the previous King Stephan and his obsession with the occult, I found it was reasonable that something this terrible could have happened under his rule. 

I'm working on my brown tile collection....every Bricklink order i'm adding on and buying up all that available shades of brown tiles....pretty soon I should have enough to make a decent size floor. Most of my Brick collection is pre-2005, so I lack a lot of the pieces used to make some of the more realistic bits. Slowly expanding my collection with bricklink orders though, for the parts I find I want.  

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

That seems to be case :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Corweena

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

:laugh_hard::roflmao::iamded_lol:

Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters! Ross Fisher!

Edited by blackdeathgr

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters! Ross Fisher!

To be clear, I have never personally burned anyone alive. The Canon François, however...

On 7/5/2020 at 10:56 AM, Ross Fisher said:

To be clear, I have never personally burned anyone alive. The Canon François, however...

Your name rhymes though! On the other hand, Canon Francois...