Eoin Wallace

The Lost Fleet Part 1: The Investigation

Hey everyone! This is the first in a series of builds I am going to be doing that are inspired by Challenge V but were a little late so I’m doing them anyways. I hope you like it! :dhappy:

Recently, Eoin had been tasked by Jarl Olav, to find a fleet of Valyrian warships that were supposed to be sent to help during the wars with the Algus in Mitgardia. They were told by the Valyrians that the fleet was sent, but it had never landed, so now it was his job to find out what happened. Eoin had decided that it would be best to search the shoreline in case they had been blown off course and lost. If that didn't work he knew he would have to get on a boat and search the islands and ocean just off the coast, but that would take ages so he was trying to avoid it by scouring every beach along the coast. 

He had finally found it, after months of searching! Or at least one of the ships, but it looked like it had been looted by bandits and there was no sign of any of the other ships or soldiers...

As he approached the bandits drew their weapons and threatened him:

"Don't you come any closer!"

"What do you know of the Valyrian fleets?" replied Eoin hopefully. The two looked at each other, and shrugged before readying their weapons and attacking!

Eoin easily dispatched the two poorly trained bandits, then started to search for clues.

After looking through the boxes, he found all the sort of valuables that would be expected in a warship including the bandits own weapons. It seemed after reading the bandit's journals that they had found the ship ruined on the beach, but were waiting untill the spring thaw to visit the more southern markets in Avalonia. However, still nothing about the soldiers.

As he was turning to leave, Eoin stopped as something had caught his eye. There were tracks leading away into the mountains to the north. They were old, but there was a lot and the seemed to be going in the same direction. Eoin had heared legends of the mountains, known as the Frostpeak Mountains and they were mostly used to keep small children from exploreing them since no one had actully returned alive. This was not a good sign...

Very nice!  I'm intrigued by the story and want to see where it goes!  I like the use of the trans light blue and trans clear plates/tiles for the water.  It looks very cold, especially with the snow caps.  Your shoreline looks awesome with the curved and wedge plates.  I wish those flower plates came in olive.  I think that would serve you better here, in keeping with the cold Mitgardian landscape, but alas, they do not make them.  Great use of the olive in the bush on top of the rock, though!  The shipwreck looks great, you can see the hull shape and see where it was damaged.  Here is where I wish that Lego made a weathered gray color, like old wood.  Brown seems too new, light bley looks like rocks.  Dark brown can be OK, but tends to be rare, expensive, and not produced in enough different pieces.  Seems like a missed opportunity.  You've got a lot going on here, and the pictures really benefit from being seen on the computer, my phone was not doing it justice.  Great work!

Love the mystery you set up here! Can't wait to see more! The MOC itself is also great; I especially love how you did the ship's hull! 

Really love the story with its mystery and great wreck aswell! (The only improvement would be to remove some of the scattered bricks in the water and for example make piles of snow instead of individual white bricks around, this makes it easier to focus on the important part of the build.)

Very nice build! The wrecked ship looks especially good. I also really enjoy the details, such as the camp and the little cairn. Intriguing story too, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

@Grover Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I agree about the colour of the boat, I also wanted to have some variation in the colours from the boat and the crates but nothing seemed to work well so I made them the same.

@socalbricks @Aurore Thanks you both!

@(Luc)ky Luke Thank you, I was going for a scattered snow affect but in places I agree that it does look a little too random.