Ross Fisher

[P9 - Kashyyyk - CE] Among the wroshyrr

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

If Clan Eldar wanted to secure its heartland, it was clear that it would have to do so quickly. 

After a little bit of negotiation, the Wookies were only too happy to let us set up a listening station; monitor traffic in that quadrant. 

Lu'vel decided to stay and man the outpost herself. Be the official liaison between the Wookies and Clan Eldar. 

Among the wroshyrr

I must admit, I was sorry to say goodbye. We'd been through a lot together. But, I guess it made sense to her. Slavery had left its mark on her, and she was keen to protect this world from a similar fate. 

And maybe she found healing up there among the wroshyrr. I guess I'll never know. Lost contact with her after that. But I like to think that somewhere, in some corner of the galaxy, there's a deadly little Twi'lek guarding her scrap of planet against anyone who would dare cross it. It's a thought that makes me smile on a lonely evening. 

Extra angles

Among the wroshyrr

Among the wroshyrr

I wanted to build something suitably massive for the wroshyrr trunk, but the only brown pieces I had that were big enough were boat hulls. 

In order to use the curvature the correct way round I had to find some creative ways to invert the studs 180° within a very shallow depth. 

All in all, there was a lot of kludging to get this to work properly. That whole trunk+platform is held on by nothing more than jumper plate studs sitting in Technic brick axle holes :hmpf:.

Hopefully the full effect comes across nicely. 

Nice build, I like the green on the Tree - adds a mossy texture to the tree too.

Farewell Lu-vel!

Love the use of the boat for that tree, you have managed to keep a very realistic texture but also give a sense of the size too.

The angles you've pulled off here are great. And the branch on top is really good, it shouldnt be overlooked. Great detail.

17 hours ago, n1majneb said:

I like the green on the Tree - adds a mossy texture

Thanks, that's what I was going for. Definitely not because I ran out of brown slopes. No sir.

15 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the use of the boat for that tree, you have managed to keep a very realistic texture but also give a sense of the size too.

Wroshyrr are so iconic for Kashyyyk that I had to build one. Unfortunately, they're also huge. The boat hull was the only thing I had that was even close to the right size.

6 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

The angles you've pulled off here are great. And the branch on top is really good

Thanks. I'm really happy with the angles. That top branch, though. The more I look at it, the more I think it should be coming out of that keel line in the bow. Oh well.

Creative use of the ship part. The shape, however, I find a little unnatural for a tree. It looks a lot like a tree that was shaped to be the entrance to a bigger trunk. A doorway behind Fnab would really give that feel of an entry to something... Almost feel there should be an entry, when theres a balcony!

Nice entry overall! ;)

@Darth Bjorn I know what you mean. The curved bows don't look like they're leading to a canopy. If I had more leaves, I would really build this up. Alas, I don't. 

6 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Almost feel there should be an entry, when theres a balcony!

That was the idea with the walkway leading off to the right. I wanted to make this a rope bridge, but it's really hard to suspend a rope bridge from only one end...