???theriddler???

Review: 7884 Batman - The Buggy: The Escape of Mr Freeze

I've copied another thing because i don't know how i must do a review. And i can't do long reviews!

Set ref: 7884

Name: The Buggy: The Escape of Mr Freeze

Number of minifigs: 2

Number of pieces: 76

Price: 13,95€

Front of the box:

CIMG1382.jpg

Back of the box:

CIMG1386.jpg

The comic:

CIMG1383.jpg

Very close:

CIMG1384.jpg

CIMG1385.jpg

What's in the box:

CIMG1408.jpg

Without:

CIMG1409.jpg

The set:

CIMG1413.jpg

The set with the box:

CIMG1434.jpg

The time:

CIMG1410.jpg

CIMG1411.jpg

Wow, this is a funny set, but it's a little expensive, and a little to small, but i like some pieces like the fire, and the mr freeze gun. And the best of all, here it comes, NO STICKERS! That's one of the greatest things. But i understand why lego has made this set, some people want batman lego, and they are most of the time expensive, and the mr freeze set is also expensive, but this set not.

If you want more pics, you msut ask! For exaple for the minifigs, or the mr freeze and the blaster.

Ask it, and this is my first review and sorry for the great and blurry pics!

The Final Verdict: 7.5/10

Figures: 8/10

Playability: 6/10

Build: 7/10

Pieces: 7.5/10

Thanks for an interesting review, ???theriddler???. :thumbup:

The set´s cheap and very useful to get two fantastic MFs, a great Mr. Freeze and a very cool new Batman. :sweet:

But I have to say that these two small vehicles just look plain ugly IMHO, without any inspiration nor orginality.... *huh*

Sorry, TLC, but you can for sure do better than that, and even with less pieces....

Nice review, thanks!

I really like those little go-kart thingies, they've got a fantastic Mario Kart look to them

Thanks for the review... Ill probably get one copy of this set. Mr. Freeze and his cart look neat. I dont like the huge wing on the back of Batman's buggy so Ill probably mod that out. :thumbup:

But I have to say that these two small vehicles just look plain ugly IMHO, without any inspiration nor orginality

Indead. The only reason to get this set is if you couldn't afford the Batcave back in 2006 and want a Mr. Freeze fig for a cheap price. And anyone who did get that kit really have no reason whatsoever to get this. :tongue:

Wait, did I forget something? :look: Oh yeah - thanks for the review, Riddler. :thumbup:

Edited by Grevious

Indead. The only reason to get this set is if you couldn't afford the Batcave back in 2006 and want a Mr. Freeze fig for a cheap price. And anyone who did get that kit really have no reason whatsoever to get this. :tongue:

I'll get it, I admit the vehicles are extremely poorly designed, I mean REALLY poorly designed, but the Mr.Freeze fig is fantastic, and I would buy two of this set just for him, as his head and gear are very useful for mocing. It also comes with some nice pieces, like the grappling hook, little wheels, exhaust pieces and such. Still, a pretty bad set build wise, but it has atleast inspired me to make my own Batbuggy :tongue:

Thanks for the review theriddler, appreciated.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

As others have said, this really is a set for those that didn't buy the Batcave. Thus I want it! :tongue: The cars are pretty horrid though... :sick:

Thanks for the review ???theriddler???!

Thanks for the review! :classic:

For such a high price that we need to fork out, compared to a total pieces of 76. It's is very expensive to pay for such poor design. But then, I will still considered to get them. As what Sinner had said, this is a very good way to get Mr Freeze without getting the Batcave. And it so happened that, I do not have the Batcave too. I believed that is the cheapest set among the four. So, for the mini-figs ONLY, this set is recommended. Other than that, I am sorry. :tongue:

Like many others, I'll buy this just for Mr F, quickly recycle the parts, and pretend this set never existed. The flame detail is indeed terrible. The Bat is back - and he's flatulent!

This third Bat-wave isn't really doing anything for me. I'll get the Penguin set as well for pretty much the same reason - although the sub on that is pretty cool - but skip the others.

Maybe Batbrick can make us all nice alt-mocs to improve these sets... :classic:

Thanks for the review though!

Thanks for the review ???theriddler???. This is a neat little set, a bit overpriced in my opinion, but for a new suited Batman and a Mr Freeze fig in a set other than one of the most expensive Bat-sets released, it's worth my money. :sweet:

~Peace

Pretty nice review for a first time ???theriddler???. Next time though, if your camera has it, use the macro function (little flower icon) and perhaps a tripod. That should get rid of any blur and provide you with better pictures. Apart from that, a good little review. Keep up the good work!

Neat little set.

I do like the parts a number of hard to find bits all in one pack, depending on how much it costs in USD I'll have to consider it.

And while the buggy designs kinda suck, I'm a little happy to see them, its been years since TLC made any small go kart style vehicles. I guess Tiny Turbos have been overshadowing that market?

Thanks for the reveiw :thumbup: The figs are bloody great! :thumbup: but those cars are a bit... :sceptic: well I'll put it blantly, RETARDED!!! Although they shall be good after some modding! and whats with that grapple hook? does it even have a rope, so I guess Batman will hokk it to Mr freeze so his ride looks more ugle :tongue::sceptic: anyway,

can you pleese take some pics of the figs :sweet:

That's a great set. It'd be even better if it were sold as two separate little cars.

They remind me of the dozens of little LEGO cart vehicles I got as a kid. Those were always fun, quick builds that resulted in lots of cool play. I think this set is aimed more at kids and, in that respect, it's a pure winner. It doesn't hurt that you can get Freeze and the newly designed Batman both in this set for a reasonable price. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reveiw :thumbup: The figs are bloody great! :thumbup: but those cars are a bit... :sceptic: well I'll put it blantly, RETARDED!!! Although they shall be good after some modding! and whats with that grapple hook? does it even have a rope, so I guess Batman will hokk it to Mr freeze so his ride looks more ugle :tongue::sceptic: anyway,

can you pleese take some pics of the figs :sweet:

I'll do! And do someone also another review of the 7888, the tumbler?

Thank you, The Riddler! ) For this highly informative review. Despite the fact that I still consider it to be one of the weakest sets in all Batman Line, I guess that now I may even get more than one of these for the same reasons as Batbrick. ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks for the review.

This set was poorly design, when i first heard of it i think it was like a car with a much better design than this one. I think i will get it for the minifigs.

Thanks for the extra pics, I don't think you could have gone into much more detail than that! :laugh:

Nice pics of the Joker van too, will you do a review of that one?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

In actuality, I think that this may be my favorite Batman set of all time. I know, I know - it's a small set with crappy tiny vehicles; so it probably sucks for the fan who likes to display sets; but look at the MOCing side and you see this set has a ton of potential:

-New Batman fig. Well, mainly the torso; but it looks nice, sleek, and armored! A definite plus whether you're a MOCist or batfan.

-Mr. Freeze. Because nobody bought the Batcave when they should have...and by nobody I mean me. Plus, I love that head!

-Cheapest way to amass the lightning piece. The other sets that have it are lolhueg (Well, not really, but I don't have $50 to toss around on a little skeleton tower...), and it's a great piece.

-Two little blue gems. I may be alone on this, but those are my favorite parts (the gems), and that's my favorite color for them! <3 <3 <3

-Several other useful parts, including a +O piece in black, some light/medium blue bits from Mr. Freeze's kart, the oddly placed grappling hook, and some cheap wheels.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but this is as close to a Batman Battlepack as we're going to get, lol - I'm buying at least three, maybe more once I get my summer job ^.^

(Oh, and the fact that the US price is only $10 helps a little, but this year you guys can't complain - you got practically every set first, ESPECIALLY the new castle! T.T)

~Trexxen

Thanks for the review. I dont know if I would get this set though. The cars are not that great and the price is a little too high.

I got this yesterday and built it this morning.

Apart from the figs, it is very crappy. Mr Freeze's buggy is OK but the bat buggy is easily the worst vehicle I've seen for years. Colours are all over the place, the grappling hook feels cheaply made, the inclusion of those odd pearl silver parts which have been in the Exo-Force sets seem especially random here, the terrible Bionicle flame piece... :sick: It's the first Lego vehicle I've built where I've immediately had the urge to disassemble it and pretend I never bought it!

Really, I only got it for Mr Freeze so I shouldn't complain. But still. It's a real step backwards. The comparable Catwoman dragster set was heaps better.

The Penguin sub is sweet though :classic:

Thanks for the review anyway!