For over a year I’ve been modifying set 75930: Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate, and I’ve finally finished it up. I started by completely removing all of the lab parts in the set. I wanted the place to be more accurate to the movie and feel way more like a mansion.

Lockwood Manor V2

Maisie in front of the Agujaceratops skull.

Lockwood Manor V2

The exterior with masonry bricks, a few new windows, a new doorway, and slopes on the roof.

Lockwood Manor V2

While the movie has lion statues, classic baby T. Rex statues take their place here.

Lockwood Manor V2

“Ms. Dearing, you’re early!”

Lockwood Manor V2

Interior overview

Lockwood Manor V2

Lego’s goblets of plants by the entrance were accurately gold, but unfortunately the real pot piece isn’t available in gold as of now. The right and left sides now connect to other rooms on the bottom floor.

Lockwood Manor V2

Sir Benjamin and the Dimetrodon

When the chameleon was made in teal was when I barely realized the piece could be used for a Dimetrodon. I wondered if the rubber mohawk piece could be bent into shape and placed on it without glue or such, but in the end I had to cheat by cutting off a bit of it and using some blu-tack to keep the two attached.

Lockwood Manor V2

Iris and the Velociraptor

This diorama came first and is what pushed me to get a Dimetrodon for the other diorama somehow. For both it took some effort to use a stick to move and click them in place between the wall and glass panels.

Lockwood Manor V2Lockwood Manor V2

Different angles

Lockwood Manor V2

Lounge area, at least one person who lives here has to like tea.

Lockwood Manor V2 

Maisie’s room and the Library

I debated turning that whole third floor into either Maisie’s room or Mills’ office, but her room had the door and there were enough unique decor ideas that ended up being the telescope, a nightlight, and a green classic T. Rex as a toy.

I’m pretty proud of how the center of the middle floor turned out. I used the brown and black furniture to try to cover up as much of the tan wall as possible. The glass vases of plants worked out great. There’s no other piece like that landscape tile so I was very happy that it exists, and it ended up being an unintentionally accurate decoration upon looking at set pictures from the movie’s production designer Andy Nicholson. The ship in a bottle isn't present in the movie but it’s a reference to how there are docks close to the estate.

That table is supposed to be the one found in Mill’s office that electronically displayed Isla Nublar and profiles of different dinosaur species. I didn’t think there was any way to represent that, but some friends gave me the idea to use a sticker from the Dilophosaurus outpost set, so that will be something to use eventually.

Blue’s arrival 

The Indoraptor may be too big, but Blue can somewhat fit through that door and look like she opened it.

Lockwood Manor V2

Mills’ Office

Retained that idea of a table and umbrella holder and gave his space a computer with a sticker from 75917: Raptor Rampage. I'll probably replace that map with the one of Isla Nublar printed on it eventually.

Lockwood Manor V2

I used the portraits of Thomas and Martha Wayne from the 1960s Batman set for both hallways. It would’ve been great if they officially had one for John Hammond. The new transparent piece from the DC collectible minifigure series allowed for that ammonite fossil to be displayed accurately.

Lockwood Manor V2

A simple bust build and a drawer with explorer items on top.

Lockwood Manor V2

Just a look at how the hallways now connect the entire bottom floor together. 

Lockwood Manor V2

Eli Mills, Sir Benjamin Lockwood, Iris Carroll, and Claire Dearing.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by vstat05

What a wonderful build!  So many great details throughout, and I really like the overall layout of the interior and how accessible everything is while still keeping the detail and feel.  Despite the modifications, my favorite part may be the chameleon with mohawk!  :wink:

On 7/3/2020 at 1:39 AM, deraven said:

What a wonderful build!  So many great details throughout, and I really like the overall layout of the interior and how accessible everything is while still keeping the detail and feel.  Despite the modifications, my favorite part may be the chameleon with mohawk!  :wink:

Thank you very much! I don’t blame you, i knew the dimetrodon or the little exhibits would be the standouts

On 7/3/2020 at 12:22 PM, The Reader said:

This is great. I really like it. Your modifications give the building a lot of atmosphere. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! I’m glad you think that, I was hoping for a kind of atmospheric feel to it

That looks great... especially that first pic!! It has a real sense of scale! Love all the details in the other rooms too...

Nice work!!

On 7/5/2020 at 1:23 PM, greg3 said:

That looks great... especially that first pic!! It has a real sense of scale! Love all the details in the other rooms too...

Nice work!!

Sorry for replying late but thank you! I’m happy that you like it and it’s great to hear your thoughts on the first picture

Couple of updates, a friend gave me the idea to buy a sticker sheet from 75931: Dilophosaurus outpost attack in order to use the map display for the touch screen table seen in the movie.

“Moving endangered species isn’t exactly legal..”

And I gave Benjamin Lockwood a new hairpiece and a cane to match the one I made for John Hammond

Hammond and Lockwood

Edited by vstat05

This is absolutely amazing. If LEGO had done this, they would have had my money instantly. As it is... they get nothing from me for the poor excuse they put out.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, chris6507 said:

This is absolutely amazing. If LEGO had done this, they would have had my money instantly. As it is... they get nothing from me for the poor excuse they put out.

Thank you! Yeah even I waited until someone else was selling this set for $70.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:12 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

This is epic! If I had the funds and it was made into a real LEGO set I would buy this!

Thank you very much, glad you think it’s that good!