Rail Co

Teaser for Upcoming Train?

Hello, just watched the designer video on the 10277 crocodile train. For a very short time you can see a drawing of another locomotive on a white board. I was thinking if this could be a teaser or just a mere coincidence. I have a screenshot from the video. The number on the loco is "1876" and looks to be more American in style. If people think it is possibly a teaser anyone know what train it could be? For anyone wondering this is about 3:05 minutes into the video.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this?

Screenshot:

757721518_Trainteaser.(2).jpg.d85d78ab1383e4e64c9a1567a1dab38f.jpg

Thanks,

-RailCo

I saw this too, was going to post something about it. I also wondered if it was a teaser, what with Jamie Berard stating the Crocodile was potentially the start of a revival of adult trains. It would be interesting if the next train was American steam.

I also saw the teaser, and I think the crocodile Locomotive was cool looking. I hope to get one when it comes out. It's actually quite a coincidence, In one of the railroad stories i'm writing, I put this locomotive as a basis for one of the characters. I hope this is the start of a trend, I would like to see more Lego train sets with varied designs on historical locos. I hope to also see Lego release an 03 or an 08 class shunter, Caladonian 812, a Q1, or even a J70 steam tram just to name a few. If Lego does make more locomotive sets, what would you want to see.

I am quite sure that LEGO wont make a TGOJ M3t Steam turbine locomotive. All 3 built are still in existence. nr 71 slowly being renovated again.

If their next locomotive is as interesting as the crocodile, then I'll try to buy one.

Not to ruin anyone’s optimism, but that still of a steam engine looks similar to a sticker/ a stock photo from off the internets...

Might be the disney train or the winter village train. Both look kinda similar

10 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

start of a revival of adult trains

Does anyone realise that 2020 is 100 years electric railways?

Maybe some other famous E-locs, we've seen enough steam.

6 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

Not to ruin anyone’s optimism, but that still of a steam engine looks similar to a sticker/ a stock photo from off the internets...

Sure. This is purely for fun and who knows maybe in a year or two a steam train will come out and surprise us to be similar to the drawing. However, you are right it could be there as just a back drop.

-RailCo

It’s a pretty random backdrop though if it is unrelated. Why not some art related to the Crocodile, or other Lego trains they’ve released?

This art is unrelated to either the Crocodile or other Expert Lego trains, and they’ve put it on full display on a stand in the room. It also seems to be the only one they bothered with.

Looks kinda like Disney train.  That was last year, right?  So the two sets would have been in planning at the same time.  

I don’t expect this to be a set because of the two most recent expert type steam trains being WHT and DT&S.  Lone Ranger happened a while back too, as well as the monster fighters train.  

Honestly I don’t like this type of locomotive anyway - the cow catcher is all wrong to me and just the overall shape.  I’m a Brit, so the more British shape locos look more real to me.  Hoping for an A4 Pacific...

Hei,

of course, it is just guessing. But the shape of the Chimney is more or less typical for wood fired steamers. So I would expect it to be an US Loco.

And when doing an online search with tags "1876 + train" that picture popped up:Santa_Fe_steam_and_diesel_locomotives_19

Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Santa_Fe_steam_and_diesel_locomotives_1976.JPG

Maybe just a coincident, but it show as a very similar steam engine alongside a Santa-Fe Diesel. And of course, Santa-Fe reminds me to famous 10020, 10022 and 10025 from 2002.

So maybe we can expect a Santa-Fe related Steam train in 2022, for the 20th Anniversary of Legos 10020 Santa-Fe Super Chief?

Holy Moly, thats a lot of guessing, but as you said before, it's just for the fun :pir-huzzah2:

A Shay, Climax or Heisler would be interesting geared steam locomotives to offer. 

1876 was also the centennial of the United States. Also a side note for trivia, on June 4, 1876, the first fully transcontinental train (New York, New York to San Francisco, California) arrived in San Francisco. The style of the locomotive matches the era of those found during that time.