Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego HMMWV 1114 UAH

Hi guys! Today I introduce you to mine Lego HMMWV 1114 UAH, inspired from Brickmania model. The M1114 HMMWVis an armored version of the Humvee family vehicle.The M1114 can be fitted with a wide range of weapon systems on the roof with ring mount station. The M1114 armor protection includes of welded aluminum, composite and steel. Up-Armored HMMWV (UAH) kit, FRAG (Fragmentary Armor Kits) kits 1, 1a, 2, and 5, as well as a GPK(Gunner Protection Kit) or MCTAGS (Marine Corps Transparent Armor Gun Shield ) for the gunner’s protection. This up-armored package provides the occupants with ballistics protection through a full 360º, in addition to overhead and underbody blast protection. The M1114 HMMWV included 900 kg steel-plated doors, steel plating under the cab and several layers of bonded, ballistic-resistant glass to replace zip-up plastic windows. The M1114 HMMWV could also be fitted with countermine/counter-IED devices such as the Self-Protection Adaptive Roller Kit and the Rhino passive anti-IED device. The M1114 is air transportable by military transport aircraft. A spare wheel is mounted at the rear of the vehicle.

50066150713_2b19c320f2_c.jpg

50066150773_7511d7f80f_c.jpg

50066964642_9a0c310dd5_c.jpg

50066964782_5bba10c40b_c.jpg

50066964877_267bc7afc2_c.jpg

Nice! I always struggle finding the right size wheels and tires for my vehicles I design. These fit!

7 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Nice! I always struggle finding the right size wheels and tires for my vehicles I design. These fit!

Thank you! I tried to use even bigger wheels, but it was disproportionate, so I chose to use these wheels, which seemed to me to guarantee the right ratio of proportions compared to the original model. The best solution is often the easiest and most intuitive.

4 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Really cool truck!

Thank you too! I chose this version of the HMMWV as I consider it one of the best, and most beautiful, as well as functional, also due to the fact that it has unique characteristics that are never found in subsequent versions. It was particularly intriguing to create the front hood with that angle, and with all the main features of the original model, such as the air intake grille. It took several hours of study to find the correct joints.

What? You can open the doors to the vehicle?! 

Can you also stack the people inside the Hummer? xD

I'm saying Hummer because the HMMWV is actually the Hummer made for USA army :P 

4 hours ago, MartaFischer said:

What? You can open the doors to the vehicle?! 

Can you also stack the people inside the Hummer? xD

I'm saying Hummer because the HMMWV is actually the Hummer made for USA army :P 

I assure you that 4 soldiers can enter the model, plus one in the turret (as you can see), and their equipment fits comfortably in the rear trunk :laugh:

1 hour ago, Nom Carver said:

Very nice indeed, but I see a big brickmania influence, admit it :wink:.

Thank you! The answer is yes, but I had already said it at the beginning, in the description. I consider the Brickmania model the highest standard to aspire to, and take as a reference :tongue: