This thread’s been dormant for quite some time considering it’s a discussion thread for an active theme.

Anyway, according to the reliable leaks website of JediJacPenguin, the Elvis mosaic plus one mystery other are still set to be released this year.  If I remember correctly leaked images weren’t long before release with these sets, so they could surprise us soon.

His other rumour, I spotted on Instagram, is a 2022 release of a 4000+ pieces set: 21226 Art Project - Create Together.  This will apparently be a design your own art set, similar to Architecture’s Studio set a few years back.  I’m quite interested for this one.

Note the set number 21226 - a 20 set gap between the last rumoured 2021 set and this.  Interested to see the future of these...

Yes I noticed this new set today. Brick clicker on youtube mentioned the set with pictures. Looks a good one but like you say the set number was way off from the current run. Will be interesting to see what else gets released for the art range 

Art Project - Create Together 21226 now has official pictures on JJP’s site, and is set to release November 1st.  It has 4138 pieces, and is the usual cost, with 9 panels.  The frame is white like the World Map.

I don’t understand the number at all if I’m honest - anybody got any ideas?  It’s closest to the architecture numbers as mentioned above.

12 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Art Project - Create Together 21226 now has official pictures on JJP’s site, and is set to release November 1st.  It has 4138 pieces, and is the usual cost, with 9 panels.  The frame is white like the World Map.

I don’t understand the number at all if I’m honest - anybody got any ideas?  It’s closest to the architecture numbers as mentioned above.

Don't understand the number either. Brick clicker has just put out a video of the set and you can also make a lego minifigure spaceman out of the set as well with the 9 panels.  Looks good 

I found 31202 Mickey Mouse for half price in Wal-Mart today (I very rarely get the opportunity to go in) and decided to go for it and get two. Part of me really hopes that I don't thoroughly enjoy it and start getting more! Especially as the 21226 Create Together looks very cool.

50 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I found 31202 Mickey Mouse for half price in Wal-Mart today (I very rarely get the opportunity to go in) and decided to go for it and get two. Part of me really hopes that I don't thoroughly enjoy it and start getting more! Especially as the 21226 Create Together looks very cool.

I just finished building the Vader I got for 55% off. At that price I think it was good value, and it does look good mounted on the wall. The process was not an enjoyable one for me though which I am glad of. Will probably pick up the rumoured Batman one if there is a good special on it, but I certainly won't be getting it for the build process.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:46 AM, Lionbear8 said:

The Batman is coming! 

Yes - LEGO has just leaked something showing it will be announced soon.  The Brickset article shows it here.

I was hoping the Batman Art set was going to be different from all the previous ones.  But based on the price and piece count, it sounds like the same.

Pics of long rumored Elvis art set are now on line.  I'm trying to keep its existence secret from my wife until I can purchase for her. She is a huge Elvis fan: goes to Elvis Week every year, attends ETA shows, etc....

Hmmm, and it looks like that Elvis art set 31204 will include well over hundred new and unique "nougat" tiles.  They are a bit lighter and a bit more orange-ish than "medium nougat".  Can anyone else confirm this, at least just by the images? 

If so, then I think that will be the first time they've ever appeared in that exact color.  Naturally, they made them to add a lot more subtlety to the skin tones.  Plus, I think it has more of both the "medium nougat" and "dark orange" tiles too.  So then that covers all of the flesh-tone colors that are currently available in the 2022 palette, since "salmon", "light salmon" and "dark nougat" plastic is not currently in active production. 

So I will definitely get the set, just so I can use the tiles to make a totally different portrait I am planning.  I don't remember Elvis in my short lifetime, but it's definitely the ideal parts-pack set for making a portrait of anyone else you like!  =D

On 2/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, The Real Indiana Jones said:

Hmmm, and it looks like that Elvis art set 31204 will include well over hundred new and unique "nougat" tiles.  They are a bit lighter and a bit more orange-ish than "medium nougat".  Can anyone else confirm this, at least just by the images? 

If so, then I think that will be the first time they've ever appeared in that exact color.  Naturally, they made them to add a lot more subtlety to the skin tones.  Plus, I think it has more of both the "medium nougat" and "dark orange" tiles too.  So then that covers all of the flesh-tone colors that are currently available in the 2022 palette, since "salmon", "light salmon" and "dark nougat" plastic is not currently in active production. 

So I will definitely get the set, just so I can use the tiles to make a totally different portrait I am planning.  I don't remember Elvis in my short lifetime, but it's definitely the ideal parts-pack set for making a portrait of anyone else you like!  =D

Hmmm, it is really hard to tell from the pictures, but you may be right. There does appear to be a new element in there. On the LEGO site below the portrait in the "rainbow" spread, it is a bit easier to see. There you can clearly see from right to left, Dark Brown, Reddish Brown, Dark Orange and then there appear to be 2 tonally similar but different hues one is Medium Nougat and the other appears to be unlike any other. Too orange to be dark tan or one of the pinks, it looks to be closer to a basic Nougat color.

I'll be watching New Elementary for confirmation.

Edited by Themiddlebrick
clarity

2 hours ago, Themiddlebrick said:

...you can clearly see from right to left, Dark Brown, Reddish Brown, Dark Orange and then there appear to be 2 tonally similar but different hues one is Medium Nougat and the other appears to be unlike any other.  Too orange to be dark tan or one of the pinks, it looks to be closer to a basic Nougat color...

Yes, exactly, you can see two colors that are very close but distinct.  They are both popular skin tones used currently for a variety of characters, especially in the Friends themes.

Nougat:  https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=2&colorPart=28&catType=P

Medium Nougat:  https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=7&colorPart=150&catType=P

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Hey all, as I mentioned elsewhere, it's worth noting here that there are two new official colors in the Lego palette this year...  Aside from "neon yellow", there is a distinctly new flesh tone that BrickLink is calling "medium brown".  It's a step darker than medium nougat, and a step lighter than reddish brown, so a nice coffee-with-milk kind of color.  You may have noticed it in set 76399 Hogwarts Magical Trunk, with the interchangeable student minifigs, and some minidolls in Friends sets too.  Hopefully, they will make art tiles of that new color, because it's a perfect shade for more subtle shading on art portraits!

I think they previously had the wrong RGB value for it, but now it's fixed...  They might also need to correct some of the photos of parts...

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=84086#T=C&C=240

A new rumor has surfaced: 31208 The Great Wave Off Kanagawa. 1810 pieces, $99.99.

Given the lower (relative to other Art sets) piece count and price, I'm assuming it's more "sculptural" (like The Starry Night or Rolling Stones) rather than a mosaic. Very excited for this one myself!

On 10/16/2022 at 8:31 AM, tafkatb said:

A new rumor has surfaced: 31208 The Great Wave Off Kanagawa. 1810 pieces, $99.99.

Given the lower (relative to other Art sets) piece count and price, I'm assuming it's more "sculptural" (like The Starry Night or Rolling Stones) rather than a mosaic. Very excited for this one myself!

*sipping tea then spittin it out* WHAT?! A famous Japanese woodblock artwork?!  About damn time….I’m a huge fan of Japanese art and culture mysel so I’m very excited!!!!

I was reading article - it sems that a main wave in “Great Wave off Kanagawa” artwork may fontina a mixture of 1x1 mosaic tiles and various large plates. And it may contain Japanese characters (to match the inscription in the upper left corner of the original artwork).  I am really interested in that set!

Well, it’s official. Katsushika Hokusai’s most famous work, The Great Wave of Kanagawa, is becoming part of LEGO’s Art line! For those who don’t know (like I wouldn’t if not for Fate/Grand Order), Hokusai is a famous artist who practiced the ukiyo-e tradition, and The Great Wave of Kanagawa is the most famous artwork in his series; Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji. It’s a great pick on LEGO’s part because he’s basically the Japanese Vincent Van Gogh.

(Side note, considering that both Van Gogh’s De Sterrenacht and Hokusai’s Great Wave of Kanagawa have now appeared in both LEGO and F/GO, I’m wondering if someone on the team also plays that game.) Either way, Hokusai is one of my favourite characters so even if I don’t usually pay much attention to the Art theme I’m probably going to get this just out of loyalty. 

Set 31208 - Hokusai – The Great Wave has been revealed:

LEGO_31208_box1_v29.jpg

31208.png?fit=bounds&format=webply&quality=80&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1.5

31208_alt10.png?fit=bounds&format=webply&quality=80&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1.5

Notice the prints for Hokusai's signature and the sailor heads.

So far I love it! the combination of the studded and irregular surface of the water with the mosaic background and the tiled edge/frame give the model an interesting and dynamic appearance.

Overall I much prefer this (and Starry Night's) style over the simple mosaics earlier in the theme. Hope we see more like it.

3 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Why is the rumored Spiderman art set so expensive? Any one know? 

What's the rumoured price? 

35 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Why is the rumored Spiderman art set so expensive? Any one know? 

Like many sets, probably so buyers think they are getting a good deal when it is discounted by 20 or 30%.

7 hours ago, Turbulence said:

What's the rumoured price? 

It's rumoured $199.99 rather than the normal $119.99, which is bizarre, particularly considering there aren't even enough pieces to make a standard 48x48 set (2304 studs) - it's rumoured to have just 2099 pieces.  I think @MAB might well be right here - 'falsifying' discounts.  My usual source is JediJacPenguin, which is where I got this information - he's usually right but I suppose it's possible it that this time he's not.

Edited by Vilhelm22

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

It's rumoured $199.99 rather than the normal $119.99, which is bizarre, particularly considering there aren't even enough pieces to make a standard 48x48 set (2304 studs) - it's rumoured to have just 2099 pieces.  I think @MAB might well be right here - 'falsifying' discounts.  My usual source is JediJacPenguin, which is where I got this information - he's usually right but I suppose it's possible it that this time he's not.

Do we know that it's a "traditional" art set with 1x1 tiles making up the majority of the piece count? With sets like The Great Wave or the Rolling Stones wall art, Lego has started moving away from the basic sorts of tile mosaics for a lot of the sets. If the Spider-Man set is something more like one of those sets it could feature some larger pieces to make it up, which could potentially reduce the overall piece count even if it's a substantial size.