Hello, since my somehow succesfull moc the Challenger MT965E i decided to build more, and now in form of familiar Case ih tractor, i already builded bare chassis, this time i switched to servo operated steering instead of linear acctuators, videos of progress are here, if you have any ideas and recomendations, ill welcome them :) 

Current form 
1280x720.jpg

PART 1 

PART 2

Edited by mktechniccreations

27 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Years ago I made this one

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=365319

Despite it is full manual MOC (before PF) perhaps you can use some idea...my suggestion is to make wheeled version (Steiger) and not tracked (Quadtrac)...

Looking forward...

Nice how u hide the rear turnable, i may do something simmilar but since mine is much more narrow i may use smaller one, but good idea with embeding it inside.

And since quadtrac and steiger are almost simmilar exept fenders etc, i may do hot swap mod to modify tracks and wheels, i got idea in mind. 

If you decide to make Quadtrac then you should use portal axle hub turned upside down because drive wheel (upper is driven and lower are idlers) is higher positioned than center of wheel in Steiger...

4WD_CASE_MY18_NA_540_QUADTRAC_CUTAWAY_27

Kind regards

I am aware of that, thats why i developed this solution, which shifts drive wheel up by 3 studs and also decrease speed, or i can use different gearing to shift it more.

so i can remove portal hubs by removing 2 pins (3L axle with stop end) and just slide hub out and replace it by this solution with track ..easy swap. just to design tracks itself.

1920x2426.jpg

12 hours ago, I_Igor said:

my suggestion is to make wheeled version (Steiger) and not tracked (Quadtrac)...

Why would you recommend that? I'm also building that tractor and plan to do that tracked variant. Was not easy since i tried tio include as many features like track tesioner, correct geometry, suspension for the three wheels at the bottom etc.

16 minutes ago, Andman said:

Why would you recommend that? I'm also building that tractor and plan to do that tracked variant. Was not easy since i tried tio include as many features like track tesioner, correct geometry, suspension for the three wheels at the bottom etc.

How far into build you are ? and what size are you building ? because i am strugling to decide which type of wheels ill use in tracks, if new large sprocket in the centre or any other solution. 

So far i just took care the tracks since they will determine the dimensions of the rest of the model. I rebuild them a lot. Especially the track tensioner was difficult, because too much tension means too much friction. In my case i using the same gears like @I_Igor Quadtrac and the scale is ca 1:16. If you want to use the new link treads use the large sprocket wheel as driver and the normal sprocket wheel as guides. This should be roughly to scale. If you decide to use the old link threads use to gears like in @I_Igor MOC.

No no i am planing using new tracks, and as you said, large sprocket as drive wheels and 2smaller ones on the edges, but i have problem to find small 3 pairs of wheels that makes the bootom of the track, i used 18x14 55982 rims, but they are too wide to fit the track. 

2 hours ago, Andman said:

Because if you do not use rubber pins from 42069 set you will have lots of slipping and those pins are expensive

1 hour ago, Andman said:

So far i just took care the tracks since they will determine the dimensions of the rest of the model. I rebuild them a lot. Especially the track tensioner was difficult, because too much tension means too much friction. In my case i using the same gears like @I_Igor Quadtrac and the scale is ca 1:16. If you want to use the new link treads use the large sprocket wheel as driver and the normal sprocket wheel as guides. This should be roughly to scale. If you decide to use the old link threads use to gears like in @I_Igor MOC.

You can calculate (but you made proper calculation :thumbup: real drive wheel has 914mm diameter and turntable has 56mm. Just to point out this is a display model so my current project is wheeled tractor...

On 7/2/2020 at 1:44 AM, mktechniccreations said:

Hello, since my somehow succesfull moc the Challenger MT965E i decided to build more, and now in form of familiar Case ih tractor, i already builded bare chassis, this time i switched to servo operated steering instead of linear acctuators, videos of progress are here, if you have any ideas and recomendations, ill welcome them :) 

Current form 
1280x720.jpg

PART 1 

PART 2

Hi mk technic creations, do you have any more progress pics and info on this moc, I would really like to build this quadtrac. Do you think control+ motors and hubs would be suitable?

Edited by Richombx

On 9/2/2020 at 2:49 AM, Richombx said:

Hi mk technic creations, do you have any more progress pics and info on this moc, I would really like to build this quadtrac. Do you think control+ motors and hubs would be suitable?

Hello, there is possibility of it, but C+ has only L engines, which would not fit in the rear part of the model, or if there are M motors then it is possible, but i will not be switching it, also new episode is online here 
[video]

16 minutes ago, mktechniccreations said:

Thanks buddy, still long way to go 

Know the feeling my friend, but at least I have good news - parts that I need for hood on my Fastrac arrived today, so if my calculations are ok Fastrac should be finished this month (but it is no MUST) :classic:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Know the feeling my friend, but at least I have good news - parts that I need for hood on my Fastrac arrived today, so if my calculations are ok Fastrac should be finished this month (but it is no MUST) :classic:

do you have any thread with progress here on forum ? btw if you want more progress photos more frequently just len me know i can post here often. 

I love finding a new tractor moc thread!! Its looking great so far... can't wait to see your progress!

14 minutes ago, mktechniccreations said:

Fastrac should be finished this month

This has been a long time coming!!:roflmao: :classic:

23 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

This has been a long time coming!!:roflmao: :classic:

Yes since I'm not satisfied with hood line made of bricks curved that look more like roof tiles than like smooth line on real machine... It is difficult to plan things when you work most of the day and have parents that are in 70s and in pandemic time my wife and I could not do much faster, so most of weekend is reserved for family ...

@mktechniccreations sorry if I post something wrong. My tread is this one 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, mktechniccreations said:

Hello, there is possibility of it, but C+ has only L engines, which would not fit in the rear part of the model, or if there are M motors then it is possible, but i will not be switching it, also new episode is online here 
[video]

I can't wait to see it finished! Would be cool to see it with tracks! have you worked on them in the meantime?

On 10/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, Andman said:

I can't wait to see it finished! Would be cool to see it with tracks! have you worked on them in the meantime?

not yet, large gray sprockets are expensive for now :/ 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:49 AM, mktechniccreations said:

not yet, large gray sprockets are expensive for now :/ 

Have you checked Bricks and Pieces? I got 4 rather cheap on there a month-or-so-ago.