Sign in to follow this  
Stelario

[MOC] DOJO

I wanted to build some dojo for a long time, and this time finally came.
First I want to mention that it's 100% LEGO, no other parts were used.
The most difficult part of the MOC is obviously the roof, its build only using hard lego parts. So no flex, no strings, no tape and so on. :P The shape of lower roof exceeded my expectations. It hold the shape and it's not falling apart. The top part is removable, and the roof tiles are holding the building extremely good.
You can move the front doors and they are without frame so take really small space.
Inside dojo is tatami which took forever to design, but I will not change it for the world.

I will have to add some photos of the tree soon as it's also awesome and there is no nice photo of it.....

50062899746_8d26df21be_c.jpg

50063156277_ae13ba7fa2_c.jpg

50063156202_5f5dab4a6a_c.jpg

50062341933_35b9386de3_c.jpg

50062894821_46c6602fec_c.jpg]

Slide door

50063148347_932b1d0d40_c.jpg

Sumo dude checking the paring.

50063148297_71f7bd1775_c.jpg

Relaxing

50062333918_bc8b834126_c.jpg

Wrong place, wrong time.

50062894776_ab63d6d284_c.jpg

Karate kids

50063148452_6aa10ac003_c.jpg

Kendo Sparing

50063148207_fd3c7c358d_c.jpg

Green tatami.

More Photos.

Edited by Stelario

Very cool :classic:
the Architecture and colors looks great. And the bamboo and tree looks great too.
Great build.

The roof looks fantastic.  I really like the tree with all the flowers, supposed to be a cherry tree right?  The bamboo is nice.  The wall is neat, is that the snow shoe pieces at the top?  The Dojo looks great with the brown and white.  I like the training grounds.  All the figs look great too.  

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I really like the tree with all the flowers, supposed to be a cherry tree right?  The bamboo is nice.  The wall is neat, is that the snow shoe pieces at the top?  

Yes, the roof on the wall is made from snowshoes, and the tree supposed to be cherry.

@neonic

Thanks

This whole build is wonderful.  I love the guy smashed into the wall, the blossoming cherry tree, the roof construction, the bamboo, and even the simple technique with the grooved green bricks on the floor as tatami mats works so well and adds a lot to the interior scene!  Great build!  :sweet:

29 minutes ago, deraven said:

even the simple technique with the grooved green bricks on the floor as tatami mats works so well and adds a lot to the interior scene! 

That's not s grooved bricks :) you can't build something like that without tiles and there is not grooved tiles.

The tatami technique is not that easy to do. ;) But I will not spoil the fun guessing how it's made.

16 hours ago, Stelario said:

The tatami technique is not that easy to do. ;) But I will not spoil the fun guessing how it's made.

OH!  I see!  I wasn't looking that closely.  But now you've given me a whole new window into a technique.  :wink:

Oh my...

Love how you finished the lower roof (1x2 plates reversed?) and the ski's at the top of the wall.
Could you show us a detail of how you connected them, and arranged the curve of that lower roof?

Clever tatami mat technique! 

And the blossoming tree is a nice touch on the property.

5 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Love how you finished the lower roof (1x2 plates reversed?)
Could you show us a detail of how you connected them. 

That's 1x2 plate with clip, so you have clip to connect :)