SteamSewnEmpire

[moc] C&O L1 4-6-4 #490

You really did do a terrific job capturing the features of this locomotive, particularly the nose and trailing truck. Compared to other streamlined steamers, I find this one not to my liking but a great model nonetheless.

Dave

33 minutes ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

looks great to bad it would be pricy to build in real bricks because of all of the silver parts, Unless a can of spray paint doesn't phase you. 

Pretty sure you'd wind up having to chrome just about all the silver parts.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

I dislike steam, but by golly, if this were a TLG kit I'd buy it.  Fantastic job; you should be extremely proud of this design.  It'd be great to see it in real bricks sometime.

Metta,

Ivan

That's a great build on a very tricky prototype. Interestingly enough, the tender shrouding was designed to be a faux Budd car and blend smoothly with the rest of the train (but the cars were never placed in service and instead were sold off to other railroads)

15 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

That's a great build on a very tricky prototype. Interestingly enough, the tender shrouding was designed to be a faux Budd car and blend smoothly with the rest of the train (but the cars were never placed in service and instead were sold off to other railroads)

Here they are: