Sign in to follow this  
Mylenium

[EBFS] The Duke's Arboretum

This is my contribution to the Eurobricks Flower Show contest and I call it "The Duke's Arboretum". The model is based around the idea that in the past centuries upper class people in their castles and villas would pride themselves in obtaining as many rare plants from around the world as they could in a competition to outdo one another about who has the most valuable collection. Of course those had to be kept in specialized green houses/ arboretums to meet their conditions. I tried to capture this feeling of the old with a tall gothic arch window and red velvet curtains while the walls are more contemporary and simple with an oil paint green socket and only some decorative trim. Likewise, the floor would be just plain tiles to be waterproof and allow easy cleaning. I guess it's this kind of weird mixture of styles that you would have found in the mid 19th century to the early 20th century, transitioning from old aristocratic interiors to a more modern, industrial and ultimately more practical approach.

2020_moc_the_dukes_arboretum_a.jpg

2020_moc_the_dukes_arboretum_b.jpg