Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[MOC - LDD] DOOMWHEEL!

Yes-yes, kill the manthings with the DOOMWHEEL! For Clan Skryre!

I'm a huge fan of the Total War games (I credit them with having instilled in me a love of history... or well "history" from an early age), and I was a bit reluctant to get into the Total War: Warhammer games, but after some convincing of friends about a year or so ago, I've been playing the new ones nonstop. While I love the Empire and Eltharion, I've got a fascination with the Skaven, especially Ikit Claw and his oh so lovely doomrockets, doomwheels, etc. So I did what any other AFOl would do. Design a doomwheel.

As you can see below, it's basically a modified 75040: General Grievous' Wheel Bike. I doubled the wheel design, making two wheels instead of one, and had 2x3 plates replace the "center wing" pieces on Grievous' wheel. I then had to modify the parts of the outside wheel, or brown tire really, to be a bit longer, and then also build a bit of an interior to fit a rat/minifigure to control.

While some pieces aren't available in the colors shown here, this should be entirely buildable, and playable. For me, if it looks like it could be played with (such as not an Architecure set or similar), it should have some sort of playable element. This one does roll. In theory. So like the Skaven. It works. In theory. And if it doesn't, sacrifice those skavenslaves and nuke the enemy.

doomwheel.png

doomwheel_2.png

doomwheel_3.png

doomwheel_4.png

Neon green comes from the nukes/warpstones/crazy magic the Skaven tap into to crash the moon into the world. Yeah, that happens. Oops, spoilers. Yeah, these ratmen are nuts. What's that, Mr. Witchhunter? You say there are no ratmen? Ok.

doomwheel_5.png

doomwheel_6.png

doomwheel_7.png

doomwheel_8.png

doomwheel_9.png

10 hours ago, Darnok said:

Awesome! :pir-love:

Eerily close to the miniature, well done!

Thanks! I looked at a lot of photos and paintings/drawings of the minis to get as close as I could.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Really cool model! I really enjoy the colour scheme!

Thanks! The neon green was perfect for theĀ  gold and brown.

Man I thought the your rocket batteries were awesome.. But this sir takes the cake! Amazing details and

On 6/29/2020 at 5:12 AM, Darnok said:

Eerily close to the miniature, well done!

What he said! :D

5 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Man I thought the your rocket batteries were awesome.. But this sir takes the cake! Amazing details and

What he said! :D

Thanks! I'm really proud of this one.