Sign in to follow this  
azzer86

[MOC] Tatooine Double Building [TAT02] (Instructions)

Hi all - I’d like to present to you my second interpretation of a Tatooine themed MOC building. It is the first of several planned builds I have for this 'theme'. I plan to label these as TATxx where xx increases with each build.

It is based on background buildings seen in Episodes I and IV, whilst also drawing on the buildings in the SW BF2 game with my own spin/interpretation of it – i.e. what I think looks aesthetically pleasing and fits into the Tatooine 'world'. It could also easily feature in a Mandalorian background scene set on Tatooine. 

1280x960.jpg

It contains two detachable roofs which allow for the empty interior to be filled as desired. 

1280x960.jpg

The interior of both buildings are empty - mainly left up to your own interpretation, but I’ve previously created a Cantina bar which pops inside the second building and I've created this room as a Twi'lek "dance club" which might have pleased Jabba... The left room is a bounty hunter's hideout with a  Boba presenting his prized catch to the other hunters. An additional suggestion is in the unused top area of the second building. Another of my builds (Jawa Junk Shop) is designed to fit into this area nicely, adding a shop to the area.

The building really 'comes alive' when figures and details outside give it a richer experience.

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

All posters/custom arm & minifig prints are from FireStar Toys. The Bantha is designed and by @BaronSat and the other vehicles are official Lego models.

Any comments are welcome and please leave a message/query if you spot an error within the instructions. I shall try my best to quickly correct it.

The instructions and other details are available here:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-45639/azzer86/tatooine-double-building-slums-tat02/

More photos are available here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/azzer86/tat02

To anyone who missed the post on TAT01, it is located here:

TAT01 and TAT02 together

1280x960.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by azzer86
New photo added (TAT01 & 02 together)

On 6/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

Cool build! I am making Tatooine as well so its really cool to see somebody elses creations on the same planet! Great job!

Look forward to seeing your Tatooine build when it's ready

I like this build! It's a great building, but what really makes it great are all the little details like the mandalorians looking at the band poster or the troopers arresting dr evazan.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I like this build! It's a great building, but what really makes it great are all the little details like the mandalorians looking at the band poster or the troopers arresting dr evazan.

Thanks :classic: I do enjoy setting up some scenes for the photos. Some I'd decided early on in the design, whereas the handcuffs on Dr evazan was a last minute decision.

It was announced last night as the MOC Monday (a weekly post) in the LUG I'm part of.