Mr Jos

Tracking many movement on brick with keys

Hey,

Currently making a WMS (Warehouse Managing System) for my High bay warehouse. See the topic, post #2 above for the mechanical pictures/info. 

50051016488_c2d12830af_c.jpg

50051588356_2f982096f7_c.jpg

I started with a visualization on the conveyor EV3 brick. Blank boxes in racks and conveyors mean they are empty, small 2x2 square inside them mean there is a box present. I made a file that is being read upon startup of the program with all data of previous positions when shut down. Worked fine. Then we have the rack squares, one is darker lined, this means it is selected and empty inside (so no box there). I want to program it as if there is a box available on the conveyor that it brings it here when selected and I push middle button on the brick. It worked all fine, but then I started programming the movement of the selected rack, and there it went wrong. There are so many options to click right = array position 9, down 4, up 2, left should not be allowed. And this then again for every position different. I forgot to put it in a loop and as I dragged a part of the code into the loop the whole application stopped and crashed, I forgot to save 5hours of programming offcourse, now starting again drawing the mainscreen and making arrays with X/Y positions of the possible box and cursor locations on screen.

I was thinking if anyone had already programmed something to make the selected box/text/whatever move to next one with the arrow keys and have multiple options. In my other project it was just up or down and select so not time heavy to make. Now I have 24 locations with option to move in 4 directions and select the box, if it is full it should bring back the box, when empty bring next box here. I see no possibility to make it myblock friendly as I can't drag inputs into switch blocks, making me need to make a switch block with 24options, with each again a switch block with 6/7 options. So any suggestions are helpfull.

Greetings Jos

Edited by Mr Jos
Made photo's a little bigger.

Just an update,

I managed to program all I wanted, it was easier then I thought.

First time ever it just creates the offline file and puts one blank 0 inside. It reads then the file and puts it in an array of 24 containing all 'False' for boxes present in the rack.

50053520498_721fc7baf4_c.jpg

Then in the program, everytime a box has been confirmed put in the rack the location in the array gets modified to true, or false if it gets taken away again, and the offline file gets deleted and rewritten.

50054098601_31c7d9c590_c.jpg

This makes on next startup of the program just a 0 gets added as 25th box not present and the real 24 get put back in the array, shown on screen and able to select for return the box to the chain conveyor.

As for the moving along the screen with the arrow keys I found a way to do it with just 8 variables I need to give in for every position. A logic for each direction if it's allowed to go up or not etc. And when allowed what number in the array it will be at when the key has been pressed and released.

50054087236_cef505c62b_c.jpg

Now the crane works completely, the conveyor brick just needs to send a number 0-23 as box number via bluetooth and the crane reports back when it finishes a part of the job. Only part left to program is the conveyors to work in auto mode, perhaps extend the roller conveyor a little.

Greetings Jos.