Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 80009 Pigsy's Food Truck

Here is my review on Monkie Kid's 80009 Pigsy's Food Truck:

THE GOOD:

• Great interior details inside the food truck.
  • Great opening mechanisms for interior access.
  • I like the graphic designs on the stickers.
  • Excellent Pigsy minifigure.
  • Interesting build for the Pig Mascot Machine Gun.
  • Several elements that feed some dark humours for corrupted mind like me XD

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Because of the size of the truck, you can't just put it into a typical Lego City setting.
  • I wonder if there is a way to replicate the excelling opening mechanism without visible gap for the joints.

Overall, I think this is a good set.  I enjoyed the building experience, the outcome and the minifigures.  Thanks to size, the designer is able to put a lot of interior details into the food truck.  I do feel the weaponised look is a bit over the top and too Zombie Apocalypse type of truck but it's ok the good parts overcome the little shortcomings and it's my personal preference anyway.  The Pigsy minifigure is just great, can't wait to use the head with the torso and legs of the Pig Costume Guy XD. And I really wonder what's the idea behind using sausages on the grill and decorations while Pigsy is obviously related to Pigs.  Also the back of the Pig Mascot on top, what do you think it looks like? XD. Despite a few flaws, I will still recommend this to everyone.  It's not as good as the Monkey King mech but this is also good.  And the price is probably one of the better ones in the overall Monkey Kid theme, in fact I found this set with the most reasonable pricing.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, JorstadDesigns said:

This thing is both over the top ridiculous, and somehow aesthetically pleasing... I'm concerned

yup, it's guilty pleasure XD

great review! I loved the weapon storage options in the secret base, looks like this one followed suit! :P