Sign in to follow this  
Sir Kingston

[COR - FB1 - June 620] Dispatch

Part 1:

During a particularly unremarkable afternoon in the quiet streets of Brickford Landing, Karlton, who happened to be in the good company of Captain Kenneth, discussed the situation of Terraversa. It had been nearly a fortnight since news had arrived from Terraversa, due to a startling resistance and effectiveness of Loti raiding convoys.

In the months since the arrival at Brickford Landing, little time was put to waste in the construction of the settlement. As for Karlton, he spent most days leading foraging parties and expeditions into the wilderness surrounding the settlement. A handful of Loti resupply docks for their navy were raided and razed, but it became soon became clear that the inland forest was just as foreign to the Loti as to Karlton. With command statisfied and the settlement well protected with further reinforcements, Karlton and his marines were allowed a lengthy period of rest. 

Diverting focus from the conversation was the faint but rapid pounding of hooves on packed earth. Almost Immediately, a courier rides up to Karlton and Kenneth. "Corporal Williams, Sir. I was dispatched with the express intent of presenting this letter" 

DispatchDispatchDispatch

First in a series (if all goes well:pir-grin:

C&C welcome as always.

Spoiler

I'm using 18 pt font, not sure what to think of it:pir-tongue:

Edited by Sir Kingston
Refined title

Here are some nice shots, the last one reminds me of some WWII photos. I wonder what made your men look so serious though.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Here are some nice shots, the last one reminds me of some WWII photos. I wonder what made your men look so serious though.

Thanks, and now that you mention it, I agree. As for what the letter contains, I decided I'd leave things a bit vague:pir-classic:

On 6/27/2020 at 5:25 AM, Pdaitabird said:

Nice story and build!

On 6/27/2020 at 5:57 AM, Fraunces said:

Nice phoyography!

11 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice photos, especially the last one!!!

Thanks, and hopefully the continuation of this story yields some larger builds...