arnoldtblumberg

[MOC] LL-999 BAT HOP M.E.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-46230/arnoldtblumberg/ll-999-bat-hop-me-mechanisms-electronics-or-maintenance-enhancement/#comments

LL-999 BAT HOP M.E. (Mechanisms & Electronics [or] Maintenance & Enhancement)

Repair and Support Ship

This fast arrow of a ship (colloquially referred to as a “hopper”) has been an omnipresent component of the CCS galactic effort for decades. To this day, it still plays a huge role in maintaining and enhancing all of the mechanisms and electronics that drive the space bases and other ships in the fleet (no one could decide what the “M.E.” officially stood for, so its meaning is interchangeable). Techs that fly the hoppers are usually greeted with relief by fellow colonists, and the pilot’s distinctive dual red toolboxes, as well as the upgraded force-shield blue canopy, quickly became welcome sights – symbols of the skill and swiftness of any hopper tech. A possibly apocryphal story is often told that when arriving at a work site, one particularly popular technician named Phillip would sometimes smile enigmatically and say, “wouldst thou like to live cosmically?” before getting down to the task at hand.

NOTE: I was very disappointed when I realized I had accidentally designed this with a canopy piece that wasn’t ever actually produced in trans-yellow. I swapped it for an existing one in trans-light blue, but I threw in a bit of an in-world justification for it; still wish it was trans-yellow.

1000x800p.jpg?1593206443.7749412

LL-999-BATHOPME2.png

LL-999-BATHOPME3.png

LL-999-BATHOPME4.png

Very nice ship design. I personally would have opted for the port/starboard transparency plates, but that's just my nautical OCD kicking in ;)

15 hours ago, arnoldtblumberg said:

Thanks! Which plates do you mean exactly, are you talking about the red/green ones?

The front underwing and rear tailwing 1x2 plates specifically; right - green, left - red. The nose and centre tail I would make trans yellow or white to follow traditional ship lights :)

5 hours ago, Scene said:

The front underwing and rear tailwing 1x2 plates specifically; right - green, left - red. The nose and centre tail I would make trans yellow or white to follow traditional ship lights :)

Ahhh I see, OK! I'll have to try that and see how it looks, it's probably an improvement. :)

22 hours ago, arnoldtblumberg said:

Ahhh I see, OK! I'll have to try that and see how it looks, it's probably an improvement. :)

As I said previously, it's just a nautical stance I take when it comes ot ships of any kind :)