BricksMcgee

EuroBricks - Brick Train Awards for LEGO train fans

Hi all,

The Brick Train Awards are new virtual, worldwide awards for LEGO train fans.  The event is a collaboration between LNUR, the UK LEGO train club, and Brick Model Railroader in the US.

brick-train-awards_website_header.png

In our first year, we have 10 categories:

• Best steam loco
  • Best diesel loco
  • Best electric loco
  • Best "other" loco (for narrow gauge / smaller / larger scaled models)
  • Best passenger wagon
  • Best freight wagon
  • Best TFOL (Teenage Fan of LEGO) model - this can be a loco, wagon or display
  • Best individual display
  • Best group display
  • Best building/ structure

Each entry is judged at a regional level (Americas, Asia, Australasia and Europe - we hope African LEGO fans can join us next year), and then a global winner for each category is awarded from those. We have a few prizes for our winners, as well as an exclusive Brick Train Awards winner’s brick, thanks to our really generous sponsors, including TrixBrix, BrickTracks, BMR, and BrickTrainDepot. 

Entry to the awards is free, and you can enter up to 3 models per category. Entry closes on July 10th 2020. Other rules are explained on the Brick Train Awards website at bricktrainawards.com.

Questions welcome, but our FAQ hopefully covers almost all eventualities!

For those who don’t fancy taking part, the awards Facebook page and Twitter account is posting a sample of entries which showcase some excellent train builders from around the world. 

Richard

Thank you for this venue for folks to share and show off their great work, particularly in this time when the fan conventions have all been canceled. Also thank you for keep it open to MOCs that have been around. As someone with kids and a demanding job I've never been able to participate in OcTRAINber.

Please do have a gallery of the winners (national and international), as well as honorable mentions or some of the notable runner ups.

Do these have to be new models or layouts never shown before to qualify? 

2 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Thank you for this venue for folks to share and show off their great work, particularly in this time when the fan conventions have all been canceled. Also thank you for keep it open to MOCs that have been around. As someone with kids and a demanding job I've never been able to participate in OcTRAINber.

Please do have a gallery of the winners (national and international), as well as honorable mentions or some of the notable runner ups.

Thanks. Yep, I know our members have been disappointed about lack of shows this year (as have I), but understandable given the situation. 

We plan to add the winners to a new section of the website, this might include some runners-up too. We're posting a good handful on Facebook / Twitter too.

2 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Do these have to be new models or layouts never shown before to qualify? 

They can be models of any age, no restrictions on when the model was built.

6 hours ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

@BricksMcgee I have a question.  Can prizes be exchanged for example can I return my two r104 switches from BT and get $40 store credit or is that out of the question?

-Coal Fired Bricks

Good question, and one I don't know the answer to - I would suspect you can't trade them, as they're being gifted.

I was just wondering because now with the prize change for the US a loop of r56 is the same price as a 1/2 loop of r120.  That was just a question that popped into my mind.

Thank you,

Coal Fired Bricks

1 minute ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

I was just wondering because now with the prize change for the US a loop of r56 is the same price as a 1/2 loop of r120.  That was just a question that popped into my mind.

Thank you,

Coal Fired Bricks

Sure, I would allow that swap.  Winners can just email me at info_at_bricktracks.com and arrange for a comparable equivalent prize. 

21 minutes ago, coaster said:

Sure, I would allow that swap.  Winners can just email me at info_at_bricktracks.com and arrange for a comparable equivalent prize. 

Aha, another lurker :)

That'd be great, thanks Scott.