Sign in to follow this  
Bala3si

Lego mark on old helmets?

Hey i just want to ask if theres any lego logo marking on old knight helmets like the ones in the picture? I cant find any on the ones i have, also if there any logo on old white firefighter helmets? Not sure if they fake or not but they look legit.

lego-castle-minifigure-axe-knight-vintage-helmets-.jpg

I pulled a couple old firefighter helmets and some old castle helmets, and I do not see "Lego" molded into them anywhere.  The firefighter helmets all seem to have just a single number in the anti-stud inside (e.g. "5" or "3") and nothing else.  One of the castle helmets I grabbed has a number, and the other 2 have nothing at all that I can see (whereas newer ones have either "LEGO" in the anti-stud or very small on the inside of the neck guard area.  I would say that, assuming everything else looks as it should, the color is right, etc., they're probably genuine even if they don't have the Lego mark molded into them.

Also, I looked at a few other old hats from the Western line, and same thing there: just a single number, but no Lego mark anywhere.  That seems to be standard for that period.

Thank you very much!! my helmets also have one single number as you described :classic:

Even some modern parts don't have a lego mark inside. If you've bought them and the rest of the minifigure has genuine parts with correct logos, then chances are all the parts are genuine. Especially if the unmarked parts are relatively cheap compared to say the printed torsos.