A few years ago, on one of his travels, Tabib D'Odo found himself in the frozen land of Mitgardia. He had made the journey to try and establish some relationships with the northern people as he knew it might come in handy in the future. This was before Mophet had grown to the city it is today, but Tabib had already started to prepare for what he hoped would come. He knew the resources from the northern forrests and mines were instrumental to what he hoped Mophet would one day become. Accustomed to the warmer weather in the glorious sand pit that was Kaliphlin though, he did not enjoy the rugged climate...nor was he too fond of the short-in-stature, and grumpy dwarfs that inhabited the land...But sometimes one must do what is required.

50037346418_8226f6fb3e_c.jpg 

He found himself in the southern parts of Mitgardia, west of the Winterlakes, before deciding that he had travelled far enough. On his way to Mitgardia he had passed through some very pleasant villages and made some good aquaintances which he hoped would be beneficial in the future. Had had also heard wispers of a magnificent city in the sky but failed to really grasp where this place was located. As he walked through the forrest carrying a bag of Kaliphlian spices and herbs intended to ease any negotiations, he came across a watchtower near a place called Kiruna.

50041503301_635d840916_c.jpg

He was greeted by a short and very sturdy man that called himself Sten Håård. He was the captain of the watchtower and along with two of his camrades it was his responsibility to watch over the region. A small, nearly frozen river ran alongside the watchtower and around it, a few chickens slowly walked about. 

50041766692_72a964ebdf_c.jpg

Tabib and Sten got along surprisingly well and after a few pints of ale, Tabib was informed that trade with the northern tribes in the area would not be a problem. He left the frozen land with a smile on his face, and started the long journey back to his beloved sand pit, of which he was very proud to be a part of. 

50040950323_b728d2de2f_c.jpg

So this is another one of my entries to the summer joust, this time in the frozen north category. Hope you guys like it!

Edited by adde51

Wow, very impressive tower and environment.  It certainly 'feels cold' - the snow looks very heavy and wet.  I'm currently editing the pictures of my frozen north entry - which also takes place in Mitgardia.

I've said it on Flickr, and I'll say it again. 
What an impressive Mitgardian build. 
It warms my frozen heart to see the frost, feel the gelid wind, glance the grey skies and smell the frozen streams of the North. 
Beautiful work with the snow spilling out of the frame. The water is astonishing and the texture on the tower is exquisite. I like how you used the clip plates to add more texture, and it looks amazing. The bits of brown are very Mitgardian, and those bushy trees are phenomenal. 
Amazing work, man!

Skol!

Excellent tower.  I like the arched windows and the doorway is detailed nicely.  The trees look good.  Nice icicles on the tower.  The snow throughout the build looks very clean and natural.  The tower itself has a nice design, I like how the corners stick out further than the walls.  The water looks nice and cold.  Nice story to match the build.  

Great build and awesome names! 

The pine trees isngreta with the snow on top. The purple ones really fits the build. Maybe those trees is something for @Aurore to describe in her book ?

Really beautiful work.  Love the use of the purple for the trees.  The ice and water look awesome!  The birch tree may be a little too straight for my tastes, but it looks good.  The tower is really the standout here, and that's saying something since getting a straight tower to look detailed like that is tough to do.  I really like the texture you get with all those masonry bricks and yet have the lines still clean.  The olive green plates there are tasteful and well done, as are the decorations with the inverted 1x1 plates.  The snow looks great, and I love the little blue flowers at the edge.  The ornamented roof is great, and I like your incorporation of the lion heads, which are harder to make look seamless than people think.  Love seeing you build in Mitgardia!

Beautiful scene, with a lot of great details! The flow of the river is interesting and I like the technic you used. I'm interested to see a more detailed view of the wooden dock.
Thanks for the share!

Does it get moved into entirely different place due to excessive iron miniging of Mitgardian dwarves?

Jokes aside, neat, compact diorama with excellent water effect and well-balanced interplay between stone and wooden structures.

Thank you all very much, very glad you liked it! 

@Aurore of course you can add it to the Mitgardian flora thread :sweet: