Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-ChallengeIII-Cat.D] Boarding

Earlier, the Olean privateer captain Surlecoup and his aide-de-camp Mr.Fish, went to the Kingdom of Lotus to inquire about the sudden appearence of Lotii forces in El Oleonda. There, they met with an old friend, who was able to provide them with some precious information.

Now, our privateers, after having joined the rest of the OL fleet, engaged in naval actions with Lotii warships.

Though superior in number, the Lotii junks were ill-equipped to stand to line of battle, their bow-mounted gun (no plural, since most of the warjunks used to carry only one gun on the bow) had made their situation only worse. 

The commanding junk was boarded by captain Surlcoup & Co, which marked the end of this one-sided slaughter.

NdaONF.jpg

Some of the privateer were of eastern origin, in fact they were Kojima, Haruna and Takahashi who have decided to prove their valor in combat, again.:pir-grin:

NdazcR.jpg

Spoiler

Surlecoup's crew:

NdaLAU.jpg

The junk:

Ndav9J.jpg

23 hours ago, Fraunces said:

The warjunk is absolutely beautiful! The technique works very well. Love it.

Thanks Fraunces. I like how it looks too.

Beautiful war junk! The shaping is really well-done and unique. Where did you get the samurai mask, helmet and armor? Did you customize those yourself?

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Beautiful war junk! The shaping is really well-done and unique. Where did you get the samurai mask, helmet and armor? Did you customize those yourself?

Thanks Khorne! By the shaping I guess you meant the curved hull? It's just an adaption of the Destiny's Bounty's technique.:pir-grin:

The samurai accessories come from Minifig.cat.

15 hours ago, Bodi said:

Thanks Khorne! By the shaping I guess you meant the curved hull? It's just an adaption of the Destiny's Bounty's technique.:pir-grin:

The samurai accessories come from Minifig.cat.

Yes, I meant the curved hull indeed. It looks like a proper junk! I don't know the Ninjago sets well enough, so I thought it was 100% your idea. Still, it looks great though :thumbup:. Nice application of the technique here.

Agreed that the junk is fantastic (as are all your ships). Nice use of creating a hull portion of the Oleonaise ship to serve as the background to activity on the junk.

12 hours ago, Khorne said:

Yes, I meant the curved hull indeed. It looks like a proper junk! I don't know the Ninjago sets well enough, so I thought it was 100% your idea. Still, it looks great though :thumbup:. Nice application of the technique here.

Thanks. I bought the Ninja boat set for my son a few years ago, I still got the instruction booklet to use as reference.

5 hours ago, Corweena said:

Agreed that the junk is fantastic (as are all your ships). Nice use of creating a hull portion of the Oleonaise ship to serve as the background to activity on the junk.

Thanks Corweena, glad you've the section of hull in the background.:pir-classic: