Robo-Knight

Bugatti Wheels & Dish Pieces. Please help me.

So I have most of the parts needed to build this master piece:

But I'm missing the wheels & tires. The ones from the Porshe are way to expensive for me, so I'm hoping to buy the wheels & tires from the Bugatti instead. Either way, what size dish will neatly fit over it & still look good? Everything will be in white for this.

Okay, firstly, Bugatti wheels are NOT the same as Porsche ones. They have pin connections instead of pinholes, like the Porsche rims, and would not be compatible with this model. Also, as for being too expensive, the Porsche rims are less expensive on Bricklink than the Bugatti ones, so I don't know what you're seeing there.

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

Okay, firstly, Bugatti wheels are NOT the same as Porsche ones. They have pin connections instead of pinholes, like the Porsche rims, and would not be compatible with this model. Also, as for being too expensive, the Porsche rims are less expensive on Bricklink than the Bugatti ones, so I don't know what you're seeing there.

Really? I could've sworn that they were cheaper.

Should I just buy from a 3rd party site instead?

Do you have any good recomendations please?

4 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Just buy from Bricklink. You could also try ebay, but for specific parts, Bricklink is best.

I doubt it. Everywhere I checked was either REALLY expensive or they only had one wheel & 4 tires.

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Just buy from Bricklink. You could also try ebay, but for specific parts, Bricklink is best.

Actually, are there any wheels & tires that are similar that will work instead?

Like the wheels & tires from 8448.

Edited by Robo-Knight

3 hours ago, Robo-Knight said:

Actually, are there any wheels & tires that are similar that will work instead?

Like the wheels & tires from 8448.

The porsche/Bugatti/Lambo wheels are the same diameter, and none other will do. You'd have to get the correct wheel hub combo to use the Bugatti/Lambo wheels tho, watch out. 

I'd say: Just get the porsche wheels on Bricklink, or buy them on Aliexpress if you can't (or dont want to) afford the other options.

Well the tires are readily available from Lego (search for item number 23799) and only cost around $3 a piece. Brand new and genuine.

The Porsche rims can be bought fake but cheap and in a variety of Chrome options from China for $3 a piece as well (sometimes discounted to $2).

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

Well the tires are readily available from Lego (search for item number 23799) and only cost around $3 a piece. Brand new and genuine.

The Porsche rims can be bought fake but cheap and in a variety of Chrome options from China for $3 a piece as well (sometimes discounted to $2).

Thanks, that's one idea.

But what about rims & tires from 8448?

17 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

But what about rims & tires from 8448?

Same diameter, but only 75% as wide, which could affect the look, as well as steering geometry. NB: To fit them on the modern 3-pin wheel hub, you'll have to add a pulley wheel as padding, because the pinholes on the 8448 rims are only 0.5L deep.

Check out http://www.wheels.sariel.pl/ or get the app :sweet:

Edited by astyanax

10 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Same diameter, but only 75% as wide, which could affect the look, as well as steering geometry. NB: To fit them on the modern 3-pin wheel hub, you'll have to add a pulley wheel as padding, because the pinholes on the 8448 rims are only 0.5L deep.

Check out http://www.wheels.sariel.pl/ or get the app :sweet:

What would that look like & what's the part ID on the Pulley Wheel?

1 minute ago, Robo-Knight said:

Thanks. Whould that fix the problems with the steering afterwards?

It will only fix the attachment of the rim to the hub.

I have 8448 on my shelf but I don't have any 1:8 car built right now so I can't show a wheel swap.

Hey look what I found, first result googling "42056 with 8448 wheels":

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

It will only fix the attachment of the rim to the hub.

I have 8448 on my shelf but I don't have any 1:8 car built right now so I can't show a wheel swap.

Hey look what I found, first result googling "42056 with 8448 wheels":

For the life of me, I can't find the exact post on there that has them. But would that mean as long as I had wheel pullies, I can use the 8448 wheels on the Mclaren MOC with no problem?

10 minutes ago, Robo-Knight said:

For the life of me, I can't find the exact post on there that has them. But would that mean as long as I had wheel pullies, I can use the 8448 wheels on the Mclaren MOC with no problem?

The 8448 wheels’ pin holes are only half a stud thick. They’ll fit, but they wobble. I had them under my GT3RS for a while.

Also, Bugatti hubs+wheels fits perfectly fine as replacement for Porsche wheels+standard hubs. If I remember correctly the Bugatti wheels are only very slightly further offset. 

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The 8448 wheels’ pin holes are only half a stud thick. They’ll fit, but they wobble. I had them under my GT3RS for a while.

Also, Bugatti hubs+wheels fits perfectly fine as replacement for Porsche wheels+standard hubs. If I remember correctly the Bugatti wheels are only very slightly further offset. 

I'm sure that the pulley wheels will fix that problem. Whew! This is great! I don't have to pay an arm & a leg for wheels & rims anymore!

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

True. I was comparing them in LDCad recently. With the same hub position, the Bugatti rims stick out about 1mm further than the Porsche rims.

I thought the Bugatii Rims wouldn't work due to how they're connected into the car itself. ... Yeah my car terminology sucks, I'm sorry.

@Robo-Knight The Defender (42110) wheels also fit with the Bugatty wheel hubs + pins - as another option. I don't have the Porsche rims, but I guess the same method works there too.

BTW - please don't start/bump 3 topic with the same question. As you can see, you have a lot of useful inputs in a very short time, patience is virtue. Also more practical to have all related answers/discussion in one place for easier follow-up, and for the future use for somebody else. :wink:

Just now, agrof said:

@Robo-Knight The Defender (42110) wheels also fit with the Bugatty wheel hubs + pins - as another option. I don't have the Porsche rims, but I guess the same method works there too.

BTW - please don't start/bump 3 topic with the same question. As you can see, you have a lot of useful inputs in a very short time, patience is virtue. Also more practical to have all related answers/discussion in one place for easier follow-up, and for the future use for somebody else. :wink:

Crap, I'm so sorry about that.

I just tend to go into fall on panic mode at the drop of a hat sometimes.

No worries, we all have weak moments. I just noted, that I tend to Bugatty-ing recently... :laugh:

Sometimes wheel+tyre-combo is more expensive in Bricklink than wheels and tyres shopped separately, I found out about this when I shopped for Claas tyres. Together as one piece they were like 12€ and separately maybe 3€. I don't know if the same principle applies to Porsche wheels though, considering the Claas tyres come in many different sets unlike those from Porsche.