Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Fine Arts Shop & Newsagent's

I'm very happy to introduce you my latest modular building, once again celebrating the joyful and elegant Art Nouveau Architecture. The buildings house a Fine Arts Shop and a Newsagent's on the ground floor, a therapist office on the first floor of the left building, a writer's messy room on the second floor, and the newsagent's apartment on the upper floor of the right building. I'm particularly satisfied by the right building, as I wanted to include some features from the renown Maison Saint Cyr by arch.Gustave Strauven in Bruxelles, as well as the very hard-to-find nougat colour, recently used in 1x10 plates as well as older 2x4 plates: these are the only "stackable" pieces in that colour. Hope you like it!

50035643903_23ab4dbb69_b.jpg

50036189366_596cf429a6_c.jpg

50036446837_f48f7950fe_z.jpg

50036445637_0b5c48f05e_c.jpg

50036192186_a331ee6f80_c.jpg

Great! Both the architecture and the interior details. :thumbup:

(Though I thought the "messy room" would be messier. ;) )

Very nice! Are the photos renders or are you just a Godly photographer? :laugh: They're incredible. :thumbup:

Facade in nougat! Very cool and something I wanted to do for a while as well but the very few parts make it very difficult. You managed to pull it off quite excellent!

Overall a very impressive build.

99,99% sure that those are renders. Trekkie99

Giacinto Consiglio, this looks fantastic.

Great looking building, in-and outside
Cool elements and especially the entrance of the artshop looks great with those wings and bahco's.

Fits right to the shop, creative entrance to a shop for the creative :classic:

It looks great!

Just released there is no stud from the building outside, except the lamp stand. Is it one of your mission? Well done.

Gorgeous!

The colours! The curves! The level of detail in the facade with an abundance of unique parts used so creatively to provide architectural details! It's all extremely impressive. 

I do like when I see these type of tiny houses with tiny people in it.

It feels like you can create your own story, similar to what gamers do with Sims, but here you build "your little house" and add "your little people" in real. The Lego house you have built reminds me of London's victorian houses.

I recently have seen some nanoblocks where you can build some parts of London too, but not just London, there is also The Parliament. But yeah, your Lego house has driven my mind towards London and nanoblocks :P 

Very handsome building and a great render. 

I feel the minifig tools (wrenches, swords etc) are a bit out of place and fiddly though.

Superb job @Giacinto Consiglio :pir-love:. I personally find some of your other models overall more visually cohesive and striking but it's almost impossible to deny the great aspects of this. Trying to build a full façade in Nougat... that takes some courage! My favourite bits are the ground floor entrace to the newsagent's with the dark green lamposts and window+window pane combo; it looks really smart and the bay window on the middle floor of the building over to the left. I love that! I only wish it continued upward insead of that balcony. The colours of the buildings make them seem a little bit too similar for my liking, but while it creates less contrast that what I usually go for, it creates a totally different effect. I agree, the shaping on the right is exquisite.

Awesome job! :pir-classic:

PD. I've just noticed the minifig legs as chimenys. Genius!

Beautiful details and layering of elements (the entrances.)  Your tile work is beautiful (as it is in your other builds) I love the arts shop floor "gold-bar" tiles and the supply bins under the center table.  The various printed wood tiles break up the brown from being over-saturated as a single color. Both creative uses of pieces and use of some pieces I haven't seen before (the 4 top LBG key-shaped pieces.)

Do you sell instructions and/or parts lists for your MOCs?  I think you could.

Are the "books" in the bookshelf 1x2 tiles or 1x2 tiles w/ stud?  If not what are they?

4 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

Beautiful details and layering of elements (the entrances.)  Your tile work is beautiful (as it is in your other builds) I love the arts shop floor "gold-bar" tiles and the supply bins under the center table.  The various printed wood tiles break up the brown from being over-saturated as a single color. Both creative uses of pieces and use of some pieces I haven't seen before (the 4 top LBG key-shaped pieces.)

Do you sell instructions and/or parts lists for your MOCs?  I think you could.

Are the "books" in the bookshelf 1x2 tiles or 1x2 tiles w/ stud?  If not what are they?

Thank you. They are 15573 jumper plates. I sell instructions on bricksandtiles.jimdo.com ??

Oh, wow, I almost missed this.

Great work as usual. I really dig your flamboyant building style, it always borders on 'too much', but you never fail to land on the right side brilliantly. :classic:

Admirable you built an entire facade using just two different plates in nougat. To be honest, though, without you piointing it out, I propably wouldn't have noticed it - on the pictures the color is extremely similar to that of the left building (medium nougat, I think?). If you had contrasted it with a more different color, it might have popped more. :thumbup: