Hello all.

I've recently just completed my latest building - Theo's tailoring.

It's an Art Nouveau influenced building housing a tailors. It's taken about 2 months in all to put together and I've incorporated many elements of the time. Sadly not quite as weird as some real life examples I've come across but hopefully I'll be able to recreate them too someday!

Onto the pics;

50034378696_73a2a7cc45_c.jpg

50034637717_bbea18bfac_c.jpg

50034377446_17fe83c77d_c.jpg

50033836808_c5df987ae2_c.jpg

You can view them at my Flickr here if you wish: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Happy to answer any comments or questions on the way its been constructed!

Cheers!

That is a very stylish shop you have, snaillad, interior and exterior!  The gold dome parts and the use of arches around the windows in the semi-circular part in front are a couple of my favorite details, but everything here is really masterfully done. :thumbup:  The stairs and floor and shelves in the interior are all fantastic as well!  Very nicely done, mate!

Another gorgeous building!  Love the colours, the detailing in the large ground floor window, the inclusion of the balcony and the shape of the roof.  On the inside, my favourite details are the snot floor around the central counter looks awesome and the upper trim on the wall.

How are the turntable bottoms held in place for the balcony?

On 6/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Garmadon said:

That is a very stylish shop you have, snaillad, interior and exterior!  The gold dome parts and the use of arches around the windows in the semi-circular part in front are a couple of my favorite details, but everything here is really masterfully done. :thumbup:  The stairs and floor and shelves in the interior are all fantastic as well!  Very nicely done, mate!

Thank you very much! The interior was probably more fun to put together than the exterior :laugh:, glad you like the shelving, I made loads of prototypes until I was happy with it!

23 hours ago, Kristel said:

Another gorgeous building!  Love the colours, the detailing in the large ground floor window, the inclusion of the balcony and the shape of the roof.  On the inside, my favourite details are the snot floor around the central counter looks awesome and the upper trim on the wall.

How are the turntable bottoms held in place for the balcony?

cheers @Kristel ! The picture of the floor is somewhat flattering as it is hiding an unsightly gap which surrounds the column down 2 sides so its not perfect but looks better than in person!

The balcony is assembled as a complete piece across the 3 bays, I just used 1x2 trans clear plates overlapping between the 2x2 turntables so it looks somewhat opaque. The plates go right into the column supports.

22 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks @peedeejay

14 hours ago, carebear said:

Just Amazing!

the lamppost and the starcase are my favorite

Greetings!

Appreciate it @carebear the lamppost was a last minute addition, I had originally hoped to put the black plant pieces into a window construction but it didn't work out. Least they made it in the model somewhere! :laugh:

I've been waiting this for 3 years! :classic: So glad to see finally your attempt at Art Nouveau (which is quite a great one to be honest :wub:). Brilliant SNOTting as always, the right part and the bay window on the left especially look Art Nouveauish! Some great and clever configurations with flex tubes, arches, and Elves pieces seem to be the way for Art Nouveau indeed. :sweet: Keep up the great work and keep the Art Nouveau's coming! :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 6/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, LegoModularFan said:

I've been waiting this for 3 years! :classic: So glad to see finally your attempt at Art Nouveau (which is quite a great one to be honest :wub:). Brilliant SNOTting as always, the right part and the bay window on the left especially look Art Nouveauish! Some great and clever configurations with flex tubes, arches, and Elves pieces seem to be the way for Art Nouveau indeed. :sweet: Keep up the great work and keep the Art Nouveau's coming! :thumbup:

It's been a long time coming! I've had the tubing window idea for a while but never got around to implementing it, guess here seems the most fitting! Hopefully I'll acquire some more curved pieces in other colours in the next few years to hopefully make more buildings in this style, glad you like what you've seen!

On 6/26/2020 at 12:59 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Really good choice of colours on the build! I really enjoy the dome on top. Awesome job!

6 hours ago, eliza said:

How do you do it? Fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Impressive and very detailed modular. I have a question. But how do you put your Moc on the front page as you did?

On 6/28/2020 at 10:40 AM, RogerSmith said:

Absolutely brilliant work!

I could spent quite some time marveling at all the snot-work and build techniques.

Cheers @RogerSmith personally I'm most happy with the SNOT work around the pairs of windows on the left hand side middle two floors, it's not seen too well in the photo's but I've used 1x2 round bricks to create a thin window support.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:12 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Fantastic wide windows at ground floor!

Beautiful shop! :wub:

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Franzplus said:

Impressive and very detailed modular. I have a question. But how do you put your Moc on the front page as you did?

Thanks @Franzplus The EB admins can link posts to the front page

Wow! This is gorgeous! I really love the little details - the historically accurate clothing and the really fun wrought iron streetlamp.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:25 PM, snaillad said:

Cheers @RogerSmith personally I'm most happy with the SNOT work around the pairs of windows on the left hand side middle two floors, it's not seen too well in the photo's but I've used 1x2 round bricks to create a thin window support.

Sounds interesting :classic: Too bad it's not really visible on the photos.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Kate D said:

Wow! This is gorgeous! I really love the little details - the historically accurate clothing and the really fun wrought iron streetlamp.

Thank you! The streetlamp is very flimsy but held up just enough for the pics!

On 7/2/2020 at 1:52 PM, RogerSmith said:

Sounds interesting :classic: Too bad it's not really visible on the photos.

I'll be using that technique again! I'll make sure it photo's better next time! :laugh: