doomguy

Questions about the Roller Coaster System and 4 Stud Track

Hello, I'm working on a Lego layout and I'm trying to implement trains into the world. I've got white passenger train and some custom models ready for the railway however I'm gonna be working with a small amount of space compared to my past layouts. I wanna decide on a good system to add a narrow gauge railway, but I'm not sure of what system of track i should use. I have a couple of 4 stud rails however the biggest pet peeve with them is that there's no official straight track.

The new roller coaster rail system is appealing to me because of the variation of color and track but how difficult is it to add motorized trains with a decent amount of detail? And can I only use the basic roller coaster car chassis as wheels or can I use some standard Lego train wheels with the rubber on them? The only video example that I could find of a train running on roller coaster track is this one:

The track is compatible with narrow gauge wheel sets, but the curve is too tight (R12) to accommodate most locomotives, so the best method is train wheels facing inward and running on the outside of the track.

This is neat. The only problem is the track itself, which still looks far too much like a roller coaster. If you could successfully embed it in a street, then I'd definitely buy the light rail thing.

It makes a nice sci-fi elevated railway. The problem is most things that can run on it wrap around the track.