Darkdragon

Blood in the Grass: Conclusion

49921494686_443d7a1942_c.jpg

50032345622_1bf3070289_b.jpg

50031549028_f6276f95b4_b.jpg
50032345432_5b239a1cde_c.jpg

50031548833_6955442e09_b.jpg

Congrats to the Raiders, Scum team Fazit & Quinn!

Thank you everyone for playing! I hope you had fun. I really am happy with so much roleplaying and I wish so many of the people I wanted to award hadn't died! Basically everyone did an awesome job and it was a pleasure to host. :dhappy:

Anyone can post in this thread, you can use game or regular account too. :pir-wink:

Game Details

The way the game was created  was in this order

1. Chose format (Donner Party)
  2. Wrote film
  3. Created film & Minfig characters
  4. Randomly generated background info for characters
  5. Randomly assigned characters to players
  6. Randomly assigned roles to characters

I did everything in that order so that nothing would affect my subconscious while writing character bios or doing any of the filming.

Player Layout & Night Actions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEj2KjV7pdTLNYdd5jEtpRhL65JON4p1ZNssdQosAI0/edit?usp=sharing

Role PMs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qgbL6b_VTgtmyokaJMbyrMU1mATgC34JrQTbAYGqExA/edit?usp=sharing

Deadboard: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11NDE7uTYmxPD2O6nrz_Ayx9_MXoF2RD4VDTJM2KaDG8/edit?usp=sharing

Regarding the Intro Film

THANK YOU :wub: Hinckley for helping me out with so many of the voices for the film. I love the way the characters turned out. Unfortunately due to time constraints I had to cut a few great lines from the animation. I was just dead and couldn't animate it anymore. I hope y'all enjoyed the film though.

Full Film Script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URZT0bZAjaudybnpHswQzdtnwYjggjDV/view?usp=sharing

Let's be honest, Martin was also a cannibal and he killed your dietician, so was he really any better? Now, the kingdom can thrive in peace and harmony under the just and righteous rule of dragons, as it should be.

9 minutes ago, Ellis said:

I TOLD YOU FAZIT WAS SCUM!

Based on the idea that I was lying about what Omrom told me, but it was 100% accurate, and when Martin confirmed it, you suspected him as well. You did seem to trust Quinn though, and he was my partner.:doh1:

Thanks for a fun game, DD. Now let the griping commence about the differences in the roles and the wiki roles.

Just in case anyone wonders, the scum weren't given role/alignment, only alignment, contrary to the wiki, but in accordance with our role PM. Good thing we waited to kill a power role until the last day, huh? :laugh:

Great job, scum team! I think you're maybe Kristel and Shadows?

Great job hosting, Darkdragon! I had a ton of fun. Very high quality with the fun story and characters and great comics/movie. This was really a blast.

My only tiny, itty-bitty complaint is the roleplay award should, in my opinion, be awarded at the end of the day, so it wouldn't matter if you died. There was some great roleplaying that apparently the boring scum players were jealous of since they kept killing off the people having the most fun.

Love love loved it! Thanks again Darkdragon and to everybody for the great game.

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

Great job, scum team! I think you're maybe Kristel and Shadows?

And who were you? :pir_tong2:

We ever going to see the day you can make it through day one without being you? :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

apparently the boring scum players were jealous of since they kept killing off the people having the most fun.

Always kill the active and invested, unless they're helping you inadvertently. :grin: 

9 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

My only tiny, itty-bitty complaint is the roleplay award should, in my opinion, be awarded at the end of the day, so it wouldn't matter if you died.

Yeah that would have been fun. Even then, there were more great players dying than day to award. Also it would have been bad if the scum only killed rewardees after they got the reward, even if it wasn't planned that way by them. I mean, would have been bad for the host.

17 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Yeah that would have been fun. Even then, there were more great players dying than day to award.

That's for sure. I think there should be baby dragons in every game from now on. You had to have had some pause in awarding one to me since you probably could see that it would just encourage my attention-seeking tendencies more. :blush:

1 minute ago, Hinckley said:

I think there should be baby dragons in every game from now on.

Absolutely! We're gonna need more dragon emoticons and a rule against speech impediments. Worse than tubas. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

That's for sure. I think there should be baby dragons in every game from now on. You had to have had some pause in awarding one to me since you probably could see that it would just encourage my attention-seeking tendencies more. :blush:

I was just happy seeing you have fun with it, I should have awarded 3 per day haha

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

Absolutely! We're gonna need more dragon emoticons and a rule against speech impediments. Worse than tubas. :laugh:

Definitely more dragon emojis are necessary. They should be the baby dragon face, though. I wanted Omrom to learn to make fire and give a big burst of "Fwooooooooom" but I didn't want to give myself away. :hmpf:

@Darkdragon Also, great job at trying something new. That setup was really challenging. Way to mix it up. It was really hard to figure out how to move forward without any information but it was a fun challenge all the same.

I typed as Omrom so much I was starting to compose emails and texts with w's instead of l's and r's. Luckily, I never sent any of them.

This was really fun, thank you so much DD!  I had such a good time, the roleplaying was fun and the game was challenging and interesting.  Cool set-up, such a pity that the town didn't hit the mark on anything! :dblush:  Good job scum team.  I was Torgam. :dangry:

Thanks for the game DD! Role playing was really fun and I hope the RP prize is something future hosts adopt in some way. It encouraged some really fun role play. I was Josie. You should be seeing a less drunk me from now on :grin:

I was Martin. 

I’ve been bamboozled by the original silver-tongued serpent once again as vigilante. :laugh: It’s Noir Mafia all over again.

So, I took a random shot on night one and it backfired miserably for the town. I’m so so sorry whoever Ruben is. I almost don’t want to read the deadboard. On Day Two my criticism of the vigilante is legitimate. 

I really enjoyed this though! Thank you for hosting!

I was Ellis.

Fun game, DD, thanks! It was a really fun, interesting game, and completely had me confused the entire game.

Also, Hinckley, stop thinking I'm scum. I'm never scum.

Thanks for the game, DD.

And thanks to the other players.

As usual, all my instincts were incorrect but it was a good time.  I will agree we need more emojis.  Just tons and tons of emojis. 

Also, I tried not to guess as to who people "actually" were until close to the end. After hosting the last anonymous game, I thought I'd be able to identify some people a bit easily, but I wasn't able to. To be fair, I had to frequently check back at the list of players in my own game during the first few days because I didn't even remember who was who without it at first. At the end of this game, though, I was able to identify Hinckley and Shadows only. I figured Hinckley was Omrom because he sent me five PM's in a row on Night Three. I figured Shadows was Fazit as well at the end when talking with him. Somehow I always get played by Shadows whenever he's scum. :laugh: 

I see now why there was a Day Four - all the other killers had to be dead. I never would have guessed that, even in my most wildest of theories. I even thought that Fazit and Omrom were scum and that Fazit killed his teammate at night to appear beyond suspicion or some power play like that. There were several more I had that I didn't even post. I haven't come up with this many crazy theories in my head since Party Lines Mafia. 

I think the roleplay award is something that I'll adopt as well, I quite liked it. I think it's perfect that it doesn't impact the game in any way. (i.e., no special action or immunity or whatever) 

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I typed as Omrom so much I was starting to compose emails and texts with w's instead of l's and r's. Luckily, I never sent any of them.

Massive hats off to you for not breaking character, even in PM's.

It’s me, ?the eldest of the children of Israel? !

Not sure whether I like the cannibal mechanic; seems like the only way to get solid information is when something has gone horribly wrong for one of the parties. Maybe I’d have to play more to see how it goes.

Thanks for hosting, DD! Very professionally put together.

Just now, jimmynick said:

Not sure whether I like the cannibal mechanic; seems like the only way to get solid information is when something has gone horribly wrong for one of the parties. Maybe I’d have to play more to see how it goes.

That's my biggest complaint with this setup. It's great for the occasional, random game, but if this became a constant setup we regularly use, I'd probably get annoyed with it.

It definitely was unexpected, and I love DD used it, but I am not a big fan due to all the confusion.

I don't mean to pick on the vig but I think that if the investigator (dietician) hadn't been killed on the first night this would have gone a lot different. Scum might still have won but i don't think it would have been such and insane blowout of death after death. Removing the only investigate action on night 1 really caused  a major problem for the town and I don't think that is a fault with the game layout. I think these things happen sometimes, dumb luck that causes the whole game to weigh over to one side. I checked the stats on this layout and it was similar to any other layout as far as what team wins on average. I feel that the scum team deserves a lot of credit for never really getting put under any scrutiny, specifically Fazit was even being defended still on the dead board - so obviously the win wasn't just dumb luck.   

I was a bit leery to run a game with so few town roles and so many killing roles, but I figured it might be a fun fast game and you can't deny it was fast!  I think if I were to run a similar game in the future I'd maybe trim one of the SK abilities and add an extra role such as tracker or watcher to the town. I'm not a numbers person so i didn't want to mess with the wiki layout much at all, I did feel the scum should not know the role of a kill - based on how games are played here - which is why I removed it.

When using the wiki to plan games, which I think is a fine way to go, it is important to know how games are played here vs how they are played there and adjust as needed before the game starts.

I also really rather host with a partner, hosting by myself is insanely stressful - especially when all the best players/hosts are playing the game and I can't get opinions fairly. :rofl: 

15 hours ago, Bob said:

So, I took a random shot on night one and it backfired miserably for the town. I’m so so sorry whoever Ruben is. I almost don’t want to read the deadboard. On Day Two my criticism of the vigilante is legitimate.

If you'd just have listened to me and killed Ellis, we wouldn't have had to suffer through that last day. :blush:

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

Also, Hinckley, stop thinking I'm scum. I'm never scum.

Of course you were Ellis. You really out-Kyled yourself this time. Stop being so scummy when you're town. What's the deal?

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Massive hats off to you for not breaking character, even in PM's.

Oh, that. I didn't plan that but the first people to respond to my PMs were Lully and Torgam and they both stayed in character, so I was like, "What the hell, why not?" All I had said to them was "Hi." I suppose if I had started with "Hello" and there would've been an absence of "Hewwo," they might've dropped character too, though I don't think so. They were clearly having a ton of fun.

32 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Of course you were Ellis. You really out-Kyled yourself this time. Stop being so scummy when you're town. What's the deal?

As long as Karen is there, there will be a Kyle.

Oh, I can post again? It's been so long.... :sadnew:

I was Nadia, excessive and compulsive baker, rubber of bellies, baby dragon lover and INNOCENT VICTIM OF THE HEARTLESS SCUM!! :cry3: 

Well done scum, though I don't think you had to work too hard! :laugh: 

Lovely game Darkdragon, thoroughly enjoyed playing watching it! I thought the role playing was all around top notch and made the game really enjoyable without getting in the way of the gameplay. The roleplay awards were a great idea. :thumbup: It was really refreshing to have a different setup and I thought it was well balanced. I had a lot of fun so thank you to my fellow players and a big, big thank you for hosting this Darkdragon, it was superbly done from start to finish. :thumbup:

Also, yay for more people with crazy theories! :grin: