Cylo

[WIP] [MOC] Clone Wars Y wing

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a y wing from the clone wars TV show. The front and engines are based off @Jerac's design and the rest is mine. 

The outer shell of it is done however the internal structure still needs a lot of work. Feedback is welcome!

CLONE WARS Y WINGCLONE WARS Y WINGCLONE WARS Y WINGCLONE WARS Y WINGCLONE WARS Y WINGCLONE WARS Y WING

Impressive, most impressive! :vader:

I'm most impressed by the shaping of the chassis, especially around the nose.

How many pieces is it?

35 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Impressive, most impressive! :vader:

I'm most impressed by the shaping of the chassis, especially around the nose.

How many pieces is it?

Thanks! Its around 2100 parts right now

This looks really neat!

I'm not too familiar with the source material so it may be accurate, but is there a way for those light grey bits on the front of the engine nacelles to hug them a bit more? The front view makes it look like they're floating a long way from it. I thought they were closer but it could be my imagination.

I love the shaping of the underside especially.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This looks really neat!

I'm not too familiar with the source material so it may be accurate, but is there a way for those light grey bits on the front of the engine nacelles to hug them a bit more? The front view makes it look like they're floating a long way from it. I thought they were closer but it could be my imagination.

I love the shaping of the underside especially.

Thanks! Since this is studio its difficult to turn pieces in different angles, but the grey should be touching the engines IRL

I really like the contours of the ship. It really gives it a sci-fi look to it as it should. The engines are amazing in how detailed they are especially in the back. Amazing work!

I've been looking forward to someone making a republic y-wing in the style and scale of Jerac's, and this is looking very intricate and well done! The only thing I would change, and it really is a minor detail and matter of preference, is that I would find a way to add some sort of trans-pink parts onto the very back of the nacelles, as that is where the exhausts of the TCW model are. 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I love this UCS-type y-wing design! The engines especially look great.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

I really like the contours of the ship. It really gives it a sci-fi look to it as it should. The engines are amazing in how detailed they are especially in the back. Amazing work!

Thanks! Credit to Jerac again

1 hour ago, Makin Bacon said:

I've been looking forward to someone making a republic y-wing in the style and scale of Jerac's, and this is looking very intricate and well done! The only thing I would change, and it really is a minor detail and matter of preference, is that I would find a way to add some sort of trans-pink parts onto the very back of the nacelles, as that is where the exhausts of the TCW model are. 

Thanks! Shouldn't be too hard to add,it is still a wip after all

Edited by Reaper

Reaper, this version of the y-wing is really stunning.  Since this is one of my favorite CW ships it makes it even more special.  I'd always hoped for an UCS MOC version and this may fill that niche.  Do you have plans to create instructions or build it IRL?

On 6/23/2020 at 12:53 AM, sandtrooper said:

Reaper, this version of the y-wing is really stunning.  Since this is one of my favorite CW ships it makes it even more special.  I'd always hoped for an UCS MOC version and this may fill that niche.  Do you have plans to create instructions or build it IRL?

Thanks! Currently saving up to build it, but the structure needs a lot of work atm. Will definitely try to build it though!

I'm not the biggest fan of y-wings, but this rendition is a real head turner.  The rear view of the engines looks very bada**!

Nice work so far. I was thinking the other day that I need a UCS Clone Wars Y-Wing to go with my UCS OT Y-Ying.

I'd love to buy instructions off you when you finish the design :)

Would it be possible to incorporate a rotating turret like you see at 2:12 in this clip or would that be impractical with Lego?

Edited by Csaba

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

Nice work so far. I was thinking the other day that I need a UCS Clone Wars Y-Wing to go with my UCS OT Y-Ying.

I'd love to buy instructions off you when you finish the design :)

Would it be possible to incorporate a rotating turret like you see at 2:12 in this clip or would that be impractical with Lego?

Thanks! I've tried incorporating a rotating turret, but I don't think it's possible without making it too big and bulky. Going to need to build it irl to finish up the design though.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, Cygma said:

I'm not the biggest fan of y-wings, but this rendition is a real head turner.  The rear view of the engines looks very bada**!

3 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Nicely done.

Thanks!