Sign in to follow this  
M2m

[Software] LIFCreator.py - a tool to package folders and files into a lif file

Pushed another update for Windows so you don't need a trailing slash / backslash anymore.

Just type into the command-line

LIFCreator.exe "C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\db"

Can you try to create a new one with the latest LIFCreator.exe I pushed (yeah I know it will take a long time :pir-bawling:)

I created the new lif file with the latest LIFCreator, and then extracted it with LIFExtractor. The folder had all the contents (assemblies, decos, etc). So, now I finished doing some quick test renders with Bluerender, and one part was not rendering for some reason: 21019 (Mini Lower Part No. 2)--the minifig legs with the paintable feet. Please see image below for reference.

50667303407_f1102c50a3_c.jpg

6 hours ago, Jason C. Hand said:

I created the new lif file with the latest LIFCreator, and then extracted it with LIFExtractor. The folder had all the contents (assemblies, decos, etc). So, now I finished doing some quick test renders with Bluerender, and one part was not rendering for some reason: 21019 (Mini Lower Part No. 2)--the minifig legs with the paintable feet. Please see image below for reference.

50667303407_f1102c50a3_c.jpg

How about POVRay ?

Meanwhile 21019 works in bluerender for me on macOS (albeit 'ugly' - but that's because the multi-color faces overlap with the basecolor faces. Its more a part and bluerender issue. Not related to the lif file itself.)

21019.png

Edited by M2m

Ok, I'll give it another go later. In the meantime, LDD2POVRAY was still a no-go for me. Still giving me that "Unsupported LIF Format" bit. I don't see how that can be the case, since the .lif file built up in LIFCreator extracted just fine. One more thing: what is bublible's SunFlow MOD?

Bublibles sunflower mod is basic last bluerender 0.6 (latest version). It has some color handling enhancements 

For LDD2POVRAY I assume this can only be fixed by the developer unfortunately.