pizzaToGoBox_400px.jpg

Hungry upon entering Batuhan, Rhaylf began looking for a tavern and a warm meal. Before he could get to the center of town, his nose lead him off the main road.

“Traveler! Try some pizza.” Noè the proprietor shouted from a counter window.

rhalyfOrdersPizza_500px.jpg

“Pizza?” Rhalyf replied, “I have not heard of such pastry, but its smell is agreeable."

“Ay, it is recipe from my homeland, Varlyrio,” Noè explained. “My wife, Melitina, makes the dough and bakes it in the oven, fresh. My son, Federico, even makes deliveries - mostly to the on-duty guards who cannot leave their post over the noon hour. We have made a good life in the three years since we left Illaryian; as Batuhan as grown, so has our business."

bakingPizza_500px.jpg

Rhalyf laid down some coin and enjoyed some pizza before heading on his way.

aerialShot_500px.jpg

I built this MOC for the Summer Joust 2020’s Every Set Could be a Castle Set category. It is based off of set 6350 Pizza To Go. 

For a write up of techniques including tutorials and inspiration, see this post.

I’m also submitting this MOC for review in the University of Petraeas Doctorate of Historica Program under the following category:

• Architecture → walls #1 (Tudor)

Website | Flickr | YouTube

Edited by jtooker

Lovely build! You did a great job at translating the original set into a medieval setting. I also love how you did the "box art" - you really nailed the "vintage LEGO" aesthetic!

Great idea, and great build! The uneven roof and the broken part in the wall decor are really nice, lifelike touches. :thumbup:
Nice use of the cape as a parasol too!

This looks damn good! Fun fact, just sold one of the original version, maybe a month ago.

Also, this gave me a good idea, to recreate so many old school city sets, to recreate them in medieval style.

Keep up, mate!

This is fantastic! The original version was one of my all-time favorites as a kid. The donkey (mule?) is a very clever build.

Looks great, and really nailed a neo-classic feel!  The table outside is a nice touch, and the brick-built pack animal is lovely.  :classic:

Great one man! I gotta admit I had some trouble figuring out what this category was all about but your entry really cleared things up so thank you for that! Best of luck to you :sweet:

This is such a fun idea!  Great work bringing it to life, the red and bits of dark green were a great choice.  Also good work on the road out front and very nice presentation!

The colours look nice and vibrant here and I like the retro style too, but my one of my favourite parts is the cobble stone. Great moc! :dhappy:

I love this idea of re-theming iconic lego sets, and you executed this so perfectly! My favorite aspect is the broken piece you purposefully used.

:rofl: Hilarious idea and great execution, Jt!  The red roofs and cobblestone are excellent, and I'll echo the others on that donkey!  And it's a recipe from Varlyrio?  Why am I not surprised - that's where all the good stuff comes from, right? :grin: :laugh:

Ha!  Nice take on an old set.  I like the layered roof, and the use of the burgundy cape.  The red/dark red go well together, too.  Nice job!

On 6/21/2020 at 1:23 AM, socalbricks said:

Lovely build! You did a great job at translating the original set into a medieval setting. I also love how you did the "box art" - you really nailed the "vintage LEGO" aesthetic!

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 8:57 AM, Aurore said:

Great idea, and great build! The uneven roof and the broken part in the wall decor are really nice, lifelike touches. :thumbup:
Nice use of the cape as a parasol too!

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, RyszardBosiak said:

Great job! In the frist moment when I saw your moment I thought about 6350 set :)

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, kahir88 said:

This looks damn good! Fun fact, just sold one of the original version, maybe a month ago.

Also, this gave me a good idea, to recreate so many old school city sets, to recreate them in medieval style.

Keep up, mate!

I'm glad it was inspiring to you.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, tafkatb said:

This is fantastic! The original version was one of my all-time favorites as a kid. The donkey (mule?) is a very clever build.

Thanks!  It is based on floriangraderbeck’s design, see another picture of three donkeys; the middle one is exactly floriangraderbeck's design.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

I really enjoy the retro-esque style incorporated here based off of one of the older sets. Really awesome build!

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 6:20 PM, deraven said:

Looks great, and really nailed a neo-classic feel!  The table outside is a nice touch, and the brick-built pack animal is lovely.  :classic:

Thanks!  It is based on floriangraderbeck’s design, see another picture of three donkeys; the middle one is exactly floriangraderbeck's design.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:58 AM, DanDelie said:

The medieval Pizza To Go remake XD awesome!

Thank you!

On 6/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, carebear said:

WOW love the oldskool vipe, Love this!

Greetings!

Thank you!

On 6/22/2020 at 9:59 AM, adde51 said:

Great one man! I gotta admit I had some trouble figuring out what this category was all about but your entry really cleared things up so thank you for that! Best of luck to you :sweet:

Thank you!

On 6/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, Kai NRG said:

This is such a fun idea!  Great work bringing it to life, the red and bits of dark green were a great choice.  Also good work on the road out front and very nice presentation!

Thank you!  I used Jonas Kramm’s cobblestone technique.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

The colours look nice and vibrant here and I like the retro style too, but my one of my favourite parts is the cobble stone. Great moc! :dhappy:

Thank you!  I used Jonas Kramm’s cobblestone technique.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, RosehipDeity said:

I love this idea of re-theming iconic lego sets, and you executed this so perfectly! My favorite aspect is the broken piece you purposefully used.

Thanks!  Necessity is the mother of invention (I did not have any more red pieces)

On 6/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Really nice, love the donkey aswell!

On 6/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, Garmadon said:

:rofl: Hilarious idea and great execution, Jt!  The red roofs and cobblestone are excellent, and I'll echo the others on that donkey!  And it's a recipe from Varlyrio?  Why am I not surprised - that's where all the good stuff comes from, right? :grin: :laugh:

Thank you!  See sources of the donkey and cobblestone technique above.  Yes, the recipe is from Varlyrio - I'm hoping to have a lot of fun developing Batuhan (in the northwest part Kaliphlin) as a settlement of immigrants and multiple cultures.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:50 PM, Grover said:

Ha!  Nice take on an old set.  I like the layered roof, and the use of the burgundy cape.  The red/dark red go well together, too.  Nice job!

Thank you!