Sign in to follow this  
Techam

[MOC] Ship: "The Falcon"

Hi all,

I made this ship a few months ago at the beginning of quarantine.  I attempted to submit it to Ideas but ran into the same problem discussed here by others of being told it overlapped with the existing Pirate Bay.  Nonetheless, I had fun and was pleased with the final result.  I began with hull pieces from the Creator set Cruising Adventures and made a brick-built hull from there.  It was fiddly while building but now is fairly solid.  The mast and decks can be removed for interior access.  Because of its small size, I used brick-built cannons as well.  The arrangement of colors was a bit improvised due to limited supplies of dark blue and cool yellow, but I think it works.  The captain's cabin is my favorite part of any ship, so I made sure to include a bed, a painting, a map, and other details.  I opted for a semi-exposed gun deck like the original Black Seas Barracuda and new Creator Pirate Ship.  There is a working capstan and a brick-built anchor that I quite like.  The figurehead as well as the blue tooth plates came from a Fantastic Beasts set I picked up on sale some time ago.  This is my first ship MOC, and I know little about rigs and sails, so I more or less copied the original Imperial Flagship in that regard and did string rigging on only the front.  I hope you enjoy!  More pics on my Flickr.

50024131793_263e372053.jpgShip 2 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024938537_119fb0d614.jpgShip 4 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024942957_deabf41b20.jpgShip 8 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024139703_47c0738759.jpgShip 9 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024141378_ecf97137da.jpgShip 11 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024141888_41d9d0f8bd.jpgShip 12 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024946242_42f66ab5e0.jpgShip 13 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

50024947742_0074ee0ecf.jpgShip 17 by Christian Techam, on Flickr

Lovely ship for sure.

A little bit bulky though. I would hav add a little more length to ease this bulky effect.

The use of the HP Eagle head is great for a Figurehead ! Great idea !

Keep up the good job !