Tariq j

[Q-10 - Ota - TT] Old Friends (Murder on the Frozen World Part 5)

*Your entry has earned 4 XP*

***CASE FILE***

***ADMINISTRATOR MARCBURK***

***IMPERIAL OFFICER***

***SECURITY FOOTAGE SHOWS HE WAS IN HIS ROOM AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER***

***TROOPER TK-284 WITNESSED ARGUMENT BETWEEN VICTIM AND MARCBURK***

50022377117_0a69139e63.jpg20200619_104402 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

After my interrogation of Rebel Leader Rix Dangir had devolved into a shouting match my attention was focused toward Imperial Officer Marcburk. I had briefly served under him during the Battle of the Suprosa so we had a vague knowledge of one another. I decided rather than keeping him in a cell I would meet him out in the hallway. I wanted to keep things casual, like a meeting between old friends, rather than interrogating him straight out of the blue.

50022375677_6c7a1e7777.jpg20200619_103332 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

As I entered our temporary base on Ota I was warmly greeted by him with a firm handshake. “Ah Tariq, long time no see! I was sorry to hear about your loss on Endor, how are things?” “And you Administrator, not bad same old” I replied. “Look, you don’t need to lie to me. I know why you’re here, this is about that Officer that got killed a few days ago right?”. Typical, always knew what everyone was up too. “You got me” I replied with a half smile. “Come on Tariq, you’ve known me for years, what say we just brush this whole interrogation under the rug eh? I’ll throw in a free drink when we get out of here” I sighed, my moral compass torn between friendship and the mission. “If it was any other way I’d let is slide but I can’t. You know how the higher ups are, they’ll sniff out anything if they think I’m playing them. If it’s any consolation we know you stayed in your quarters all night. Could you at least tell me what you were arguing about?”

50021579343_aca8c3d442.jpg20200619_103723 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

“Fine, him and Coomar wanted to mine on the Sneeve holy land and I objected” “you know why we lost at Endor? We interfered with the locals. They know their their territory” He continued “he refused and said I was being a coward, that I was not Empire material because of my refusal to agree with the mining. Do remember that time when the Empre mined at the Lothal Jedi Temple and it sucked them all into the ground? You never touch Holy Ground it never ends well”.

Spoiler

50022378332_2f051a96b0.jpg20200619_104210 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

50021578398_99eaed0604.jpg20200619_103853~2 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

50021577873_b8602db2db.jpg20200619_104129 by Tariq  J, on Flickr

Final build on Ota from me! Would love to hear feedback. 

14 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

You never touch Holy Ground it never ends well

Tell me about it!

Living this story so far. Keen to see where it goes.

Thank you both! Inspiration from this came from a few Starkiller base MOCs I saw online. Getting that grey/white blend.