Bricksphere

[MOC] Star Wars Imperial Turbo Laser Turret

Hi everybody, this is my first MOC. I created an Imperial Turbo Laser Turret.

It is a modula concept with different levels and components in each level. You can discover more things in my own blog: Bricksphere.net

imperial-turbolaser-turret.jpeg

Edited by Bricksphere

Hey man, pretty cool build!  You did a really great job making the interior detailed without being cluttered, and the little things like doors and ladders are well done! I especially like the angled workstations.  However, the exterior doesn't have quite the same amount of detail and could do with some greebling and angles.  You might try flaring out the sides and base a little more, the XX-9 Turbolaser starts out with a gradual slope and then really flattens out toward the base. That might make the exterior a little less plain!  The cannons look a little anemic in comparison to the rest of the turret head in my opinion, maybe beef those up a little? I might also fill in some of the cannon "track", it looks like it extends a bit too far back.  You could also throw in some dark tan, sand green, or sand red pieces to indicate rust or corrosion as well as some dark bley maybe?

37 minutes ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Hey man, pretty cool build!  You did a really great job making the interior detailed without being cluttered, and the little things like doors and ladders are well done! I especially like the angled workstations.  However, the exterior doesn't have quite the same amount of detail and could do with some greebling and angles.  You might try flaring out the sides and base a little more, the XX-9 Turbolaser starts out with a gradual slope and then really flattens out toward the base. That might make the exterior a little less plain!  The cannons look a little anemic in comparison to the rest of the turret head in my opinion, maybe beef those up a little? I might also fill in some of the cannon "track", it looks like it extends a bit too far back.  You could also throw in some dark tan, sand green, or sand red pieces to indicate rust or corrosion as well as some dark bley maybe?

Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciated. I know the exterior is very flat and maybe too small wrt the minifigures. I should maybe use a different technique to make the turret with a certain slope. 
Maybe one day I will create a second version. 
Cheers

6 hours ago, Bricksphere said:

Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciated. I know the exterior is very flat and maybe too small wrt the minifigures. I should maybe use a different technique to make the turret with a certain slope. 
Maybe one day I will create a second version. 
Cheers

Of course, happy to help! You really did do a stellar job on the interior and if you're happy with the outside that's all that matters!