Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Imperial Powder Magazine

thindexedgif.gif Military 10-C

Well, it seems I missed the deadline for the Pirates contest by a mere couple hours. Here's the first picture for the large entry catagory at 200 pieces.

2507343210_882989f657_b.jpg

Two more to come...

What a shame because that looks like it would make a great SYSTEM set. Baseplate is probably a bit big though - if it were an actual set I'd reckon two different baseplates would be used.

It is indeed a shame, because that set probably would have gotten my vote. It's very well done, with a nice variety of minifigs, and looks like it would be very fun to play with!

Edited by Dufresne

A sweet looking building it is... It has a great "classic" feel, although doesn't look like a classic Pirate set due to the colour scheme. But it would be definitely great to have such set in the new Pirate line :pir-classic:

If I were to find a drawback... Well, the baseplate looks dusty although it may just be an illusion :pir-cry_happy:

As others have said it's a shame you missed the dead line. It has a great feel and I think the colour scheme works very well together. The slightly darker colours make a nice improvement on the system in my opinion. As others have said the basepalte does seem a bit on the large side, does it fit on the smaller ones or does the jetty jut out?

It's a real pity! :pir-sceptic:

You propose a lot of new and very interesting elements from Indiana Jones' sets useful on pirate MOCs :pir-classic:

It's really an amazing composition. I would have voted for you in Large Class. :pir-wink:

Maybe some administrator could let you still participate on the contest? I hope so! :pir_yoda:

Thanks guys. I've used a bigger baseplate as it's the only blue one I own. :pir-wink: I wish there was a dark blue one I could use, that's more like something a new pirate theme would have.

But alas, now that the poll has been made it wouldn't be fair to make any adjustments, so this one will just stay as a "MOC". Here's the second and third picture -

2512132442_fa0353603f_b.jpg

2511364517_fd4f6f672b_b.jpg

A wonderful work, plain charming in size and proportion with some nifty details like the smart chest on the rowboat

and that neat wooden gate to the dead man´s sandbank. Perhaps these dark green Bionicle tendrils could grow up-

wards because it seems there´s no plant for them that would allow them to be roots, but beside that it´s just perfect. :pir-tongue::thumbup:

The more I see - the more I like! This has potential to be a great set with plenty of innovations!

That compartment at the back of the boat is something different and the rotating cell door are certainly features the Pirate theme hasn't seen before.

A great piece of work which looks very nice and filled with so much fun. The mini-figs are defintely a great pack. The building is superb nice. I must admit that it's pity that you have missed the deadline. I do enjoy myself looking at your work. :pir-blush:

I love this set oo7! It looks so very good.

If this were a real Lego set, it would sell very well IMO.

It contains a great deal of innovative idea's!

Very, very nice work all the same! Doors as docks is always a great trick, and the fig selection works surprisingly well!

All the best and God Bless,

Nathan

A fantastic MOC you've got here, oo7! Packed with great details and play features, this is one set I'd definitely pick up. The weapons rack is very cool, and I love the chain railing. A wonderful MOC!

~Peace

If this were a real Lego set, it would sell very well IMO.

I'd certainly buy and copy or two... Or three or four...

Very, very nice work all the same! Doors as docks is always a great trick, and the fig selection works surprisingly well!

Ahhhhh... So that's what they are. Yes, they're very effective. First time I've seen this nifty trick!

Many thanks to you all for your compliments, I'm glad everyone seems to like it.

A wonderful work, plain charming in size and proportion with some nifty details like the smart chest on the rowboat and that neat wooden gate to the dead man´s sandbank. Perhaps these dark green Bionicle tendrils could grow up-

wards because it seems there´s no plant for them that would allow them to be roots, but beside that it´s just perfect. :pir-tongue::thumbup:

No need to worry Asuka, those vines have adventitious roots of the climbing variety! Anyway, I thank you for the kind reply.

The more I see - the more I like! This has potential to be a great set with plenty of innovations!

That compartment at the back of the boat is something different and the rotating cell door are certainly features the Pirate theme hasn't seen before.

Thanks very much, Mr. Phes. I designed the little "fun" features in the style of an official playset - so hopefully they should be look a little familiar to what we're all accustomed to! :pir-wink:

Ahhhhh... So that's what they are. Yes, they're very effective. First time I've seen this nifty trick!

Ironically, the same goes for me - here it was, I thought I had stumbled upon something new and unique! Mr. Norro, would you mind shring with us the instance in which you have seen this technique used in the past? Thanks. :pir-classic:

I'd totally buy this! Great work oo7! Very neat. Nice use of foliage by the way!

Edited by Basiliscus

This is very good! :pir-wub: I especially like the roof. I'd buy a set this cool, especially since I haven't got any blue plates... :pir-grin:

Nice work Double-Oh. :thumbup:

I like the use of the doors for docks. :pir-sweet:

I don't even own any of those types of doors. :pir_bawling:

I'll have to change in the near future. :pir-blush:

I've added this MOC to the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

I'd totally buy this! Great work oo7! Very neat. Nice use of foliage by the way!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :thumbup:

these would win for sure :jollyroger:

Thanks!

This is very good! :pir-wub: I especially like the roof. I'd buy a set this cool, especially since I haven't got any blue plates... :pir-grin:

Many thanks, Mr. Sinner. :pir-classic:

Nice work Double-Oh. :thumbup:

I like the use of the doors for docks. :pir-sweet:

I don't even own any of those types of doors. :pir_bawling:

I'll have to change in the near future. :pir-blush:

I've added this MOC to the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

Thanks for indexing that, Mr. Phred. I obtained this particular set of doors in the Dwarves' Mine set, but I believe they can be found in some of the older castle sets as well. The useful placement of studs between SNOT like wooden boards is quite attractive both aesthetically and functionally, isn't it?

I second everyone who said he would buy this set. It´s great!

Can you give us a breakdown of the parts you used? And maybe some building instructions?

The use of the big brown door pieces is marvellous. I´d never have thought about using them this way, so thanks a lot for the inspiration!

It is indeed a shame, because that set probably would have gotten my vote. It's very well done, with a nice variety of minifigs, and looks like it would be very fun to play with!

I would say that too :pir-classic:

I think this is a MOC worthy of the headlines of Classic-Pirates.

It certainly is one of the better Pirate MOCs I've seen in a while.