Sign in to follow this  
Celloguy

Space Team: Bubble Scouts!

Space Team: Bubble ScoutsB3-290 Bubble ScoutMT-760 Bubble ScoutBubble Scouts Cargo

Space Team: Bubble Scouts

"Pilot H and Pilot G were two of the bravest explorers the Federation had ever known. Working together as an inseparable team, they had flown to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in their Bubble Scout ships, discovering distant star systems, retrieving valuable artefacts, whilst always evading the rogues living at the edge of the Galaxy."

I just had to try this using those curve pieces, and this is the result! The build got a lot of nice comments on Flickr, Reddit and Instagram so I subsequently decided to make it into a Lego Ideas submission. It's very difficult for non movie or TV based projects to gather enough support on there, which has been been discussed on this forum, so I'm attempting to buck the trend of IP Ideas! I couldn't help but make reference to M:Tron and Blacktron, and hopefully new trans-yellow parts would be a nice side effect of this project being made. Unfortunately modern magnet pieces are rather bulky because of a change in the law, so that part might need a bit of refining. G and H are mine and my fiancée's initials; so the project has a little extra personal resonance for me too! 

I would really appreciate your vote so that this build might one day become a real set. Please also comment so that it goes up in the popularity rankings! It's been doing quite well so far (550 supporters in 10 days) so lets get it to 10,000! Please also share with any friends or family who you think might also like this. :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f64e35a2-ebb2-43a7-9dca-dbe0e683bbbf

I love the Classic Space update!  If your project gets approved, I hope we get it included.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, pombe said:

I love the Classic Space update!  If your project gets approved, I hope we get it included.

Thanks very much! Would be great to get all 3!