Episode 5 ~ Captive of the Mardierians

Main characters:

• Alfie Fraunces, Sea Rats
  • Samson Brody, unaffiliated scientist
  • Jim, Alfie's first mate
  • Captain Le Faou & his comrades
  • Corrington naturalist turned privateer, Victoria Elsa

EPISODE 4 PART 1

"How is it, after months of digging, searching, rescuing you on multiple occasions, most certainly being followed by someone, checking every little river and cave, you still convince us to come along on the search of these secrets you keep jabbering about." Alfie said. Before Brody could reply the passive insult Jim answered: "Patience capt'n, we'll sure find something someday, we've almost seen every cave and hole in this Rock didn't we!" "Lads you know there are too many stories right: before us lies not only gold; but honor and glory! Don't you Sea Rats crave this as much as riches? "We do, we do.." Alfie replied, they followed Brody too much not to follow the mission through.

At that moment Brody stumbled on a well-hidden entrance to one of the many caves the island had. The crew noticed something strange about this one, it almost looked as if someone hid this cave on purpose.

The Grotto's 1 - Corrie Mine

"Didn't I tell you lads! A sophisticated camp if I ever saw one! Other people have visited this island before, I told you!" Brody was excited the crew finally found something. "Who knows which Maldrician power you provoked, Alfie, by settling this island and claiming it! This is no peasant mine! This is Corrington made! Look at the flag!"  Alfie replied with an iconic: "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Suddenly a female voice shouted out loud, filling the cave with an imperialistic tone: "YOU SHOULD, STINKING SEA RAT"

The Grotto's 2 - Corrie Mine

"I've been watching you, and the other stinking pirate crew following you fools on MY island! I was here long before any of you arrived and build that little town of yours. The trappist monks vowed to keep my mining facility a secret, mister Alfie, but I know who you are: you came here to steal my silver!" The unidentified woman came out of nowhere, and surprised Alfie, Brody, Jim and the other members of the expedition. Alfie replied: "Milady, please put the gun down. We are peaceful adventurers mapping this island. We did develop a minor trade outpost for the Sea Rats, but we are by no means pirates! I can assure you the Sea Rat Faction means not to insult you .. lady... " - "Victoria Elsa" - "Lady Elsa a pleasure it is: my name is indeed Alfie Fraunces, and we are here on scientific reasons only. I suppose you are the lost biologist we heard stories about?" 

A couple of meters above the conversation, some malicious pirates where eavesdropping, and when the word "silver" was used, smuggler and pirate Captain LeFeau knew the wait was worth the while. He was the one following Alfie's crew hoping he could steal whatever they might find. His moment was here!

"These naive Sea Rats lead us right to this silvermine! Look at those quantities! Drop the barrel Barry!" LeFeau commanded his comrade:

The Grotto's 3 - Corrie Mine

KABOOM!!

The Grotto's 4 - Corrie Mine

Captain LeFeau ran down as soon as he could to get the silver without any confrontation:

Let's get the treasure Bo'sun!

The explosion was intense and short. Nobody saw it coming, and before anyone wake up from the blast, Victoria Elsa's silver stash was gone!

~ end of episode 4 part 1 ~

EPISODE 4 PART 2

(Singing) ".....Hey ho ho- It's one for all for one
And we'll share and share alike with you and love you like a son
We're gentlemen of fortune and that's what we're proud to be
And when your a professional pirate

You'll be honest brave and free
The soul of decency
You'll be loyal and fair and on the square
And most importantly
When you're a professional pirate
You're always in the best of company!"

The Grotto's 5 -  LeFeau's Grotto 1

LeFeau and his men, enjoying a well earned cocktail after some successful piracy in his hideout, 'LeFeau's Grotto'. Also showing the rich underwater world surrounding the waters of the Rock. One day, snorkeling will be a touristic attraction!

The Grotto's 6 -  LeFeau's Grotto 2

The Grotto's 7 -  LeFeau's Grotto 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Took me way too long to continue the story of Alfie on the Rock.

You can see the trees which are from the Barracudabay (I know I am lazy). Let me know what you think.

Edited by Fraunces
Missed one Picture of LeFeau running down to get the silver!

The Grotto is absolutely fantastic! An amazing dual layer build. They way you got the underwater portion to appear teeming with sea life is spectacular. 

Interesting story, and wow what a beautiful build. The different layers look great, especially the underwater portion with all the colorful marine life. This would make a great display piece. Nice work.

You don't post very often, but when you post, it's jaw dropping. The underwater part looks really good.

Great story-telling!

16 hours ago, Bodi said:

You don't post very often, but when you post, it's jaw dropping. The underwater part looks really good.

I couldn’t say better

On 6/18/2020 at 12:35 AM, Corweena said:

The Grotto is absolutely fantastic! An amazing dual layer build. They way you got the underwater portion to appear teeming with sea life is spectacular. 

Many thanks Corweena! good to hear.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:44 AM, Captain Dee said:

Interesting story, and wow what a beautiful build. The different layers look great, especially the underwater portion with all the colorful marine life. This would make a great display piece. Nice work.

Thanks a lot captain Dee for your kind words. 

On 6/18/2020 at 2:00 AM, Bodi said:

Means a lot coming from you Bodi, thanks.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:05 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Oh wow, I am absolutely in love with the grotto, do they have a tourism brochure ? ?

We are working on it! All the employees are currently recovering from a bad rum hangover so all work is posponed!

On 6/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the underwater!

thanks mate :)

On 6/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, DanDelie said:

Great story-telling!

On 6/18/2020 at 2:00 AM, Bodi said:

Thanks you Dandelie!

Nice idea and story, but this underwater display steal the show : exceptionnal one !

the torso, the sea scooter and the safety helmets made me laugh

On 6/22/2020 at 8:22 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice idea and story, but this underwater display steal the show : exceptionnal one !

the torso, the sea scooter and the safety helmets made me laugh

Many thanks Professor! I did use as much strange colorful parts as I could to make it stand out. :)

16 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

I agree with Thaum, really impressive work on the grotto!

Thanks man!

Wow! Excellent multilayered build!!! The sea especially is brilliant with really innovative use of parts !!!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Nice build and wonderful continuation of your storyline! The underwater part is particularly well done, with a clever use of some parts (the red helmets...)