Sign in to follow this  
leafan

lego ideas [LEGO IDEAS] Islanders Spirit Beacon

Hi everybody,

This week we have a lovely new entry to the Lego Ideas platform which I believe deserves our consideration and support; 'Islanders Spirit Beacon' by Sir Archibald.

resize:800:450

This is a new entry in a Pirates sub-theme that rarely sees such mocs on Ideas, so could really use your support. It currently stood at 56 Supporters with 59 Days left.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

The islanders are a rare sight these days.
It has been more than 20 years since the Islanders pointed spear and arrow at pirate and soldier alike. 
After many years of glorious combat the last of the proud warrior-zealots were defeated.
Their strongest leader: shaman king Kahuka still walks the eternal planes. 
The Islanders enchanted island has been looted and pillaged, the tribes scattered to the winds.
A beacon of hope remains deep in the jungle on one of the islands in the archipelago of many waters.
A faceless warrior priestess of the old gods is gathering the scattered tribes.
The whispers beneath her mask speaks of king Kahuka's return. 
Broken spears are mend, arrows sharpened, howling of restless spirits in the night.

This "spirit beacon" is heavily inspired by the original statue design that came with
the Lego Islanders enchanted island set 6278-1 in 1994.
It's a scaled up version with many new details that is nice as a nostalgic reminder or as a new playset.
The statue can be split in a bridge and a bust part. 
The statue has a compartment in the back that can serve as a prison or inner sanctum. 
A trapdoor leads to a small dungeon compartment were a 'forgotten' pirate lurks. 
A treasure chest is hidden behind the different detachable faces of the head.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Mini-figs: warrior priestess, zealot, veteran guards, man hunters and lost pirate. 
Veteran guardians and archer man hunters covered themselves with dark mud.
The warrior priestess and zealot painted themselves with the holy red of the islanders. 

It would be awesome if we have a Lego islanders anniversary in 2024 ;)
Cheers

So if you'd like to show support, please do so by heading over to the Idea page now.

This is nicely done!

There haven't been all that many Islander creations submitted to LEGO Ideas so it's refreshing to see something like this.

However, that custom river base plate will probably have to go.

Thank you for the introduction,

can someone help me to manage this design here on eurobricks?

I am making regular updates now so I can send in a vibrant jungle update in 26 days on lego Idea's 

you can check it out on bricklink: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=152982

cheers

Edited by Sir Archibald

1806377490_workinprogresscompact.png.9a3fcc57e478ea515c04ce59666292e7.png

Here you can see a preview of the Vibrant Jungle update that I am working on that replaces the current base plate as suggested.

I am very happy with the results so far.

Also check it out on bricklink or Lego idea's for frequent updates. 

hope you like it

cheers

On 6/20/2020 at 2:24 AM, Sir Archibald said:

can someone help me to manage this design here on eurobricks?

What kind of assistance do you require?

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

What kind of assistance do you require?

I am completely Oblivious to how I can manage my own design with regular updates within the minimal format that this forum uses. 

Because this isn't my own post I am not sure if I am missing management aspects that I would have had if I posted this myself.

I also saw that there was an Islanders sub category but I am not sure that category is still alive. 

So If this topic could be assigned to me directly on the correct forum page and somebody can explain me how to get very small sharp images I might be able to get some more feedback from people.

These are some of the Questions and Ideas that I have.

Thanks in Advance. 

2 hours ago, Sir Archibald said:

So If this topic could be assigned to me directly on the correct forum page and somebody can explain me how to get very small sharp images I might be able to get some more feedback from people.

Unfortunately there is no way to reassign a topic, the forum does not provide an option to do that.

Because this isn't my own post I am not sure if I am missing management aspects that I would have had if I posted this myself

No, you're not missing anything.

somebody can explain me how to get very small sharp images I might be able to get some more feedback from people. 

Make the image size larger, at least 800x600.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Unfortunately there is no way to reassign a topic, the forum does not provide an option to do that.

No, you're not missing anything.

Make the image size larger, at least 800x600.

Ok so should I upload my new version somewhere else on the forum or just as a comment on this post? I will update my lego Idea next month, and would be nice to have the complete new image set here as wel

Ill make the image set based on the size you suggest, thanks

10 hours ago, Sir Archibald said:

Ok so should I upload my new version somewhere else on the forum or just as a comment on this post?

Just post new images in this topic. Our enthusiastic Pirate Regular, @Faladrin will edit them into the first post.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Just post new images in this topic. Our enthusiastic Pirate Regular, @Faladrin will edit them into the first post.

Ok thank you for your help

On 6/29/2020 at 6:40 AM, Mister Phes said:

No problem for me. Just upload your new pictures in this topic and I'll re assemble them in the first page for you if you want.

54 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

No problem for me. Just upload your new pictures in this topic and I'll re assemble them in the first page for you if you want.

Ok thank you I hope to have the update ready in 2 weeks before I upload it to lego for a review.