Sign in to follow this  
ParmBrick

[GBW] Island Rush - Plighia - 2 of 4: That's a hit

The troops that landed on the island are facing strong resistance, intelligence hypothesizes that enemy troops use alternative routes to reach the battlefields. So the 1st Desert Fox Group is sent to Quadrant D2 to assist the advance, and find out where the enemies come from. The intense enemy activity in the southern quadrants suggests that they hide something big, every attempt by the drones in these quadrants is in vain, they are destroyed by anti-aircraft and enemy fighters, even before they manage to discover something. To prevent them from hindering our advance, and allowing our troops to deploy in those sensitive areas, these alternative routes must be discovered.

Somewhere in the mountains of sector D2. Drone reconnaissance has unearthed the alternative routes that Tosul uses to deploy his soldiers along the coast. Passes, crossings and beds of dry streams are the new ways of communication now that the main ones have been destroyed or blocked.

A drone of the 1st Desert Fox Group is in reconnaissance over a mountain pass with a old railway, when it records enemy activity, right near them ...

50017059182_341c93c03b_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (1) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

50016799371_97c85af9c5_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (2) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

The enemy group, which appears to be on patrol, is supported by a heavily armed infantry support vehicle remotely controlled by an operator...

Sniper 1: " I have a view on the objectives, target acquired, I wait for the order"

Sniper 2: "confirmed targets, enemy team supported by an SUV in the mountain pass, near the bridge of the old railway, awaiting orders"

Cpt. Logan Ypres: "here Team 5, we took position, engagement to my 3. 1 ... 2 ... 3!"

50016270218_d2080584a7_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (3) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Lt. Donald Verdis: " 2 enemies on the ground, engage the others!"

Enemy 1: "oh, damn! Enemy force here!"

Enemy 2: "Protect the operator!"

Enemy 3: "Yes, sir!"

50017059937_1c4a4c153e_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (4) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Enemy 3: "Take cover!"

Enemy ISUV Operator: "Fire!"

Lt. D. Verdis: " I'm under heavy fire! I need support! NOW!"

50016800546_3afff3bc74_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (5) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

50016271763_230391b6d3_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (6) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Cpl. Roberta Narrow: "I'm here! Missile launcher ready. I will send that vehicle to hell!"

50017061347_b797e78ca7_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (7) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

BOOM!

Cpt. L. Ypres: "that's a hit! The ISUV it's KO. Now let's engage the last ones left!"

50017061652_30266cfa01_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (8) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Pvt. Chris Vanquish: "the upper passage is clear!"

Pvt. Eric Holseen: "I have a view on the other two!"

50016801926_1ed50ffcf2_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (9) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Cpt. L. Ypres: "don't shoot! Cease fire! the last enemy surrender... it's the ISUV operator, take it away...Look, that's interesting, the console of the ISUV, that could be useful"

Cpl. R. Narrow. "I'm placing the charges for tear down the bridge, one for every pylon, this pass will be blocked forever when the bridge collapses"

50017062327_f6180599d3_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (10) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

BOOM! KABOOM!

*Bridge collapses*

50016273473_7510128cb1_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II (11) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Cpt. L. Ypres: "well done comrades! One of their alternative ways of communication is out of play, but I just received a report from the DEM that one of our drones discovered a second one. Lt. Verdis, you will accompany our prisoner to base camp, a helicopter for extraction is already on its way. The rest of us get on the road, we'll join Team 2 and 4 to complete our mission"

Battle for the D2 mountain pass overall picture:

50016271533_fc554922d0_c.jpgGBW Island Rush - Phase II by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

NICE JOB !!!!
very smart the use of the red bushes as an explotion ( i will keep it in mind :p )

1 hour ago, SATSOK said:

NICE JOB !!!!
very smart the use of the red bushes as an explotion ( i will keep it in mind :p )

Thank you! I'm happy to have been an inspiration, I can't wait to see your future creations!

48 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

Yea, the red bush use is cool. I really like the overhead rail thing too. Nice Job!

Thank you too! Thanks for the appreciation!

You’ve been awarded ( 9  ) points.

Judges’ comments…

Awesome job. Everything here looks perfect. The perspective of being under the rail bridge is super cool. Great job in building in the frame of the bridge to the landscape. Pictures look awesome and well planned. The little drone was nice touch too. Great!

PROS: I like the addition of the rare red bushes as explosion effect. Never saw some, just heard of them. Also the unique design of the ISUV is notable and of course the three dimensional build with the pendulous train rails

CONS: The mountain pattern seems al little scrambled deppendng the colors and angles

SUGGESTION: Building rocks, try to use solid colors , usually dark gray (or tan-dark tan in desert enviroments). The BURP (big ugly rock piece) is perfect for mountain sides, but need to be in solid color and with the addition with differend sizes slopes to brake the flat sides

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!

Edited by paintballman